What is the worst thing you forgot?

superduper123

My husband is the only one to forget something so far.:D One cruise, he brought his tux but forgot the accessories. Another cruise he forgot his dress pants, had to wear jeans with his jacket.

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

How about what we forgot to bring home?

Same trip... as when we almost forgot to bring the Daughter.

We left 1-large suitcase in the ship terminal.

I realized it when we were at LAX counting suitcases. I called the terminal and they did not have any left behind luggage.

Back home three days later I get a call from either Princess or the Port of Long Beach. They found my suitcase. I paid them $18.50 and it was shipped directly to my door in 4-days.

Yes, the cost was only $18.50 and I have considered leaving luggage behind since it cost $20.00 per bag on Alaska Air now. And... it is delivered direct to my front door. :D

Not on a cruise but one vacation I forgot to pack any underwear.... blush

I went on my honeymoon and when I went to unpack I had no underwear. I thought for sure I had and couldn't imagine how I forgot. I went "commando" most of the week. When I got home I found out the guys in my wedding party had gone back to my room and took all the underwear out as a joke.

Cigarette Lighters!

They are not sold on the ship nor are matches available!

My formal wife, Carol, who died three years ago, once sold a Bic Lighter to a guy who waved $25 cash at her near the end of an 11 night cruise. (We had plenty of spares back in the cabin)

I forgot my Passport!!:eek: Good thing I always go up a day early because I had to turn around & go home to get it!! Luckily I had my son meet me half way with my passport. Now my family always reminds me to take my passport before I leave for the next cruise:p;)

My DH had just been diagnosed with diabetes and was prescribed pills to take to keep it under control. On our way to the airport (almost there), he realized he forgot to pack his insulin pills but we decided not to go back and possibly miss our flight (we were on the last flight to Anchorage).

Sure enough, half way through the cruise, he ended up having to see the ship doctor who gave him enough meds to last the next 4 days. Of course, the cost was a gazillion dollars more than he had already paid. Seeing the doc wasn't cheap either!

We now post a sign on the door with the word INSULIN in big letters to make sure it's not forgotten when we travel.

Same DH forgot a brand new pair of shoes on our very first cruise. Of course, when we contacted Princess when we got home, they didn't find them. I guess they walked off the ship themselves!!!!

I think the worst thing I forgot was my asthma inhaler, I prayed the whole time not to have an attack or start wheezing. :eek:

This is ours. DS keeps his in his backpack and usually carries that as a carry on for vacations as well. At the last minute he and his sister decided to consolidate into one bag and all of us forgot to grab his emergency inhaler out of the side pocket. I was SO worried he would have an issue. Thankfully he did not.

We have also had a vacation in which no socks were packed for DS and one in which no underwear was packed for DD :o

Arrived at the port, and realized there was absolutely no reason to have my house and work keys with me on the sailing . . . so I put my keycase in the car console, and patted myself on the back for making that wise decision.

The key to the lock on my luggage was in there. :( . :o

Cigarette Lighters!

They are not sold on the ship nor are matches available!

My formal wife, Carol, who died three years ago, once sold a Bic Lighter to a guy who waved $25 cash at her near the end of an 11 night cruise. (We had plenty of spares back in the cabin)

Agreed.....for anyone who needs them...you cannot get them on the ship....

one year, when I was smoking....the airport took mine away from my person and carry on....could not find any at the destination airport....

Cab ride to the ship made him detour to a convenience store so I can purchase a few....

We have let different things home, but usually all can be purchased on the ship

One year, I took all the needed chargers and put them all in a zip lock bag....left them home on my desk...could not charge I-pod, camera, lap top, tooth brush......

First port went on a scavenger hunt...was only able to come up with the Apple chargers....

As far as camera(expensive NIKON).......I had to take out the battery every 2-3 days, and leave it at the photo shop where they charged it overnight for me....he would not accept a tip either....

I make mistakes nearly every cruise, but two stand out. Somehow I got on Majesty of the Seas once with only the bra I was wearing and no other. I had to wash and wear it and blow dry it with a blow drier. Worse, it was black, so I couldn't wear any of the pastel shirts I had brought with me. Luckily, it was only a four-night cruise.

Perhaps worse, I took my Advair asthma inhaler on an eleven-night Panama Canal cruise. The first night I happend to notice--entirely too late--that I had only about five inhalations left on the indicator, when I would have needed twenty-two for the cruise! I kept using the inhaler on empty, getting just fumes. Somehow fortunately I didn't have an asthma attack, but now I make really certain to check the number of inhalations left on the Advair before I pack.

Going on a cruise without prescription meds is about the worst mistake you can make packing.

Arrived at the port, and realized there was absolutely no reason to have my house and work keys with me on the sailing . . . so I put my keycase in the car console, and patted myself on the back for making that wise decision.

The key to the lock on my luggage was in there. :( . :o

Yikes!

The only thing we have forgotten was deodorant (hubby) and sports bra for me( I walked 20 minutes in Nassau) but did get one for $18.

I can imagine passports, money and ID are not fun to forget. Toiletries and medications are next. Clothing on the ships and shoes can be a nightmare depending on your size. Sewing kits, duct tape, suction cup hooks for the bathroom, clips for hanging clothes on chairs, hangers, night light/flashlight...CHARGERS! A poor man forgot his Nikon Digital SLR charger and had to buy one on ship $55!

I forgot my Passport!!:eek: Good thing I always go up a day early because I had to turn around & go home to get it!! Luckily I had my son meet me half way with my passport. Now my family always reminds me to take my passport before I leave for the next cruise:p;)

Hey your going to be on our cruise!

During our RT Hawaii out of San Diego in 08, I had packed my undies in a storage bag but forgot to take them out of the drawer to pack, so between what I was wearing + the carry on, I had 4 to my name.:eek: Wasn't a total disaster but meant a lot of hand washing until we arrived in Hilo 5 days later and ran to Walmart to buy more.:D Another time I had packed my tennies in my carry on but discovered in FT Lauderdale during our pre cruise stay, no shoes, DH swore I must have forgot them, so a run to Target for new shoes at a cost of $30 incl taxi fare. While unpacking onboard, we come across my shoes in his suitcase, I asked how did they get there, Oh I was moving things around to reduce weight. Needless to say he doesn't touch my carry on anymore.:D

Didn't forget anything crucial on our cruise last year (forgot binculars but we lived). This year I've started filling a box in the bedroom with things to pack that I don't need between now and next weekend (dress shoes, binoculars, sea sickness med, etc).

When my hubby and I got married we were staying overnight at Harrison Hot Springs resort which was about an hour from home. On the morning of the wedding while I was getting ready I realized I left my spanx at home. My hubby drove all the way home and back to pick it up for me that morning. He'd never driven that route before since he was visiting from California. I still have the page with a map on it that I ripped out of the telephone book and driving directions that I gave him.

Edited by Kesstral

Our story is just the opposite. My husband accidently packed the jeans, he was going to wear off the ship, the night before and put the luggage out in the hallway. When he woke up in the morning, he did not have any pants to wear off the ship....:eek: Long story short, a friend of ours went up and down her hall until she found someone with an extra pair of sweatpants. They were a little short and tight, but at least he got off the ship without too much embarrassment.:p We washed and returned them to the owner after we got home. We laugh about it now, but at the time I was a nervous wreck. Now, that is the one thing we make sure to keep out before we set the luggage out in the hall the night before.

Gwen :)

Our story is just the opposite. My husband accidently packed the jeans, he was going to wear off the ship, the night before and put the luggage out in the hallway. When he woke up in the morning, he did not have any pants to wear off the ship....:eek: Long story short, a friend of ours went up and down her hall until she found someone with an extra pair of sweatpants. They were a little short and tight, but at least he got off the ship without too much embarrassment.:p We washed and returned them to the owner after we got home. We laugh about it now, but at the time I was a nervous wreck. Now, that is the one thing we make sure to keep out before we set the luggage out in the hall the night before.

LOL :DLOL:D. I CAN HONESTLY SEE THAT HAPPENING! SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING MY HUSBAND WOULD DO!

Karen

Hilarious!

The blue suitcase.

Drove from Ontario to Port Canaveral last Christmas and started unpacking the car and realized we had forgotten the blue suitcase (my wife's). thank goodness we arrived the day before our cruise and that Target and Wal Mart were open as my wife had to purchase just about everything. (We were going for an 11 day sail).

The only thing I was glad about was that she was the one that had packed the car.