Are we allowed to bring our own beach umbrella/ shade clam?

The last time we were at Half Moon Cay we could not find any shaded area ( which two members of my family need) Cabanas are sold out so I am considering purchasing one of those pop up shade clams or some type of small umbrella.

Ive seen a few that are light weight and easy to pop open and fold back up.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring these things along to their private beach ?

Also how about things like an umbrella? float/mattress ?

Carnival is easy. They will allow just about anything. So, the answer is yes, you can bring a beach umbrella or clam thingy if you are willing to lug it back and forth. It should fit under the bed easily when folded up. Have a fun time!

The last time we were at Half Moon Cay we could not find any shaded area ( which two members of my family need) Cabanas are sold out so I am considering purchasing one of those pop up shade clams or some type of small umbrella.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring these things along to their private beach ?

Yes, I've brought an umbrella. My mother needs to have a place to go in the shade, but the last time we got a clam thingy, it was too hot (no breeze), so I brought our big beach umbrella. Folded up in the plastic carry-bag with the kind of handle that goes over your shoulder. It was no big dea to carry it on the tender to the beach.

We set up in the front row of chairs right by the water, and many people commented what a great idea it was :)

Also - we did bring our own tubes/floats. I walked right up to the stand where you rent/buy them, and asked if they'd blow them up for me for a couple of bucks, and they did!

I found these inflatable noodles a couple of years ago. They blow up quickly or [sometimes] the beach folks will take care of it. I take them all the time and have no issues.

388157_10200094724944189_1827649393_n.jpg

Each time we have been to HMC, we have rented a clamshell for shade. One rental shades two loungers. ON HAL, it was $15 and could be reserved online in advance; on Carnival, about $20 and we got it when we got to the beach. No need to purchase and lug. The rental shack was on the beach near the entrance area.

Archived