Help me out with luggage tags

gslargent

It's been a while since my last cruise and I forget how they handle tagging your luggage. If we show up to port without tags on our bags, how do the porters handle it? Do they just ask for your room number and take it from there? Or do you have to have tags on your luggage prior to arriving at the port? Thanks!

If you print, and tag your bags before you arrive at the port, they'll just take your bags and you won't see 'em again until they arrive at your cabin door. (Print your tags on line at Carnival site, and it'll have the correct cabin number on them.) If you don't want to do that, you can just tell the porter your name, and he'll look up your correct cabin number, and tag your bags right then, and there. :cool: No problem. Be sure to tip your porter a couple of bucks, and everything will work out just fine. ;)

"SKY"

Skymaster, is correct. When you arrive at the port, the porter's have the proper tag's, much better than the paper tag's, just put your name and cabin#, you are good to go.

Print em...fold em...tape em...punch hole in em...throw em in back back with twist ties...put em on luggage just before heading to port...no fuss...no muss..or get em from the porters...

Print your tags then go to Office Max, the will laminate them for a dollar. Then use plastic ties. Never loose them.:)

Or you could go to Favors by Serendipity (dot) com and search for "Cruise Luggage Tag Holder"

Lots of solutions here. Print your tags and put them in a plastic sandwich bag. Staple them around the handle and they will last the whole trip. You need to protect the tags somehow.

If you have a laminater use that to protect them. I always laminate them then punch a hole in them. I use an electrical plastic tie to keep them on there nice and tight.

Works like a charm. Take the advise of one poster who stated to be sure to tip the porter at the pier well. I believe they usually say about $2 per bag.

I usually slip them a $20 and be done with it. Easier to make them think "wow, $20" I have heard of some war stories about luggage going onto the ship. First question I ask is "did you tip the porter" I usually get a shy little "no".

Or you could go to Favors by Serendipity (dot) com and search for "Cruise Luggage Tag Holder"

I like the Serendipity ones because they are reusable. i've had mine for a few years and many cruises and they still look new.

Print your tags then go to Office Max, the will laminate them for a dollar. Then use plastic ties. Never loose them.:)

I "laminate" them myself by covering them with clear shipping tape. then I puncha hole in the and use a plastic tie.

Print em...fold em...tape em...punch hole in em...throw em in back back with twist ties...put em on luggage just before heading to port...no fuss...no muss..or get em from the porters...

I "laminate" them myself by covering them with clear shipping tape. then I puncha hole in the and use a plastic tie.

We laminate ours ourself as well. My wife buys a roll of clear shelve paper, works great and the roll lasts awhile.

I always print out an extra tag to put inside my checked luggage. That way if the outside tag gets ripped off hopefully they will look inside.

We always laminate them and have never had a problem but a family did have one ripped off I guess by a conveyor belt.

That's what we did! The luggage tag holders are really good...we have used them at least 3 times already!

They also have a cruise pack at that website, includes the luggage tags, a hanging thingie for the shower and a bar soap holder that works great in the shower!

As a side note, I make brightly colored "CARRY ON" tags that I attach to the stuff we DON'T want the porters to take.

I make them the same way you'd make a luggage tag - print the words centered top and bottom on bright (the superbright stuff you can get at Wal-mart) paper, fold it the same way you would a luggage tag, and attach it to the [whatever].

I even put Carry On tags on my camera bag and computer bag, and on my wife's purse. I do it at home, well before the madhouse at the terminal. We drive, but I suppose you could do it at the same time you place the regular tags if you fly.

It's been a while since my last cruise and I forget how they handle tagging your luggage. If we show up to port without tags on our bags, how do the porters handle it? Do they just ask for your room number and take it from there? Or do you have to have tags on your luggage prior to arriving at the port? Thanks!

hey neighbor! (i don't live too far from you which is rare on here)

you can get the tags from the porters... they have a list they match your print out doc to and then put your number down (at least in baltimore they did, i had totally forgotten the room number and they were able to find it)

Skymaster, is correct. When you arrive at the port, the porter's have the proper tag's, much better than the paper tag's, just put your name and cabin#, you are good to go.

That's what I do. Fat ol' sharpie, bold color, cabin number, can't beat the old fashioned ones.

My last cruise, I booked guaranteed balcony. I didnt even know my cabin number until I got to the pier! The porters looked it up and gave me the sticker type tags and just wrote, in marker, the cabin number. Easy peasy! They even slapped one on my case of water! :) (But it was not Carnival)

Archived