Bananas?

WBHB

Bananas are bad luck on boats. Look it up on the interweb if you don't believe me.

Does Carnival serve bananas onboard?

:rolleyes:

Don't we have enough to worry about?

I mean there's the Tipping Trauma... then there's the Platinum Perks...

not to mention the Smoking Scenario..

Luckily Carnival ships are ships, not boats

so we're probably in the clear re. bananas. ;) :D

I've never eaten bananas on a cruise. But not because of a superstition. I never ate them because they're not ripe enough; the ones I've seen were just shy of still being green. Underripe bananas taste like chewing on a blade of grass. I like my bananas brownish yellow with sporadic black spots.

I'm sure they bring in unripe bananas so they don't spoil. And when you add them to cereal or ice cream, the grassy taste is less noticeable. But if I ever get a craving for a banana during a cruise, I'll buy one from a fruit vendor in port. Fruits with removable skins are almost always safe.

I've never eaten bananas on a cruise. But not because of a superstition. I never ate them because they're not ripe enough; the ones I've seen were just shy of still being green. Underripe bananas taste like chewing on a blade of grass. I like my bananas brownish yellow with sporadic black spots.

I'm sure they bring in unripe bananas so they don't spoil. And when you add them to cereal or ice cream, the grassy taste is less noticeable. But if I ever get a craving for a banana during a cruise, I'll buy one from a fruit vendor in port. Fruits with removable skins are almost always safe.

And that is why I love the bananas on a cruise ship:):):). They are always nice and green...which is the way I like them...I say it's time to make banana bread when they start turning brown:). To each his own:):)

And that is why I love the bananas on a cruise ship:):):). They are always nice and green...which is the way I like them...I say it's time to make banana bread when they start turning brown:). To each his own:):)

Ditto...I also like them firm!

So I have learned that they help with ankle swelling, help you lose

weight and you should eat them standing on your left foot when

they are beginning to go bad, they taste like grass and they make

the ship tip when your fishing..right? :p:D:p

Don't try to smuggle one off the ship in Ensenada! I videotaped the guard dog find one in a backpack of some people exiting behind us. It was confiscated. They were warned. The dog got a treat.

Archived