Trolley Bus Tours

Goldygolfer

I will be on the Carnival Conquest in Sept. and am interested in doing the City View Trolley hop on hop off tour. How far do you have to walk from the cruise terminal to where the tour is located? Also can you ride it all the way around and then go a second round and get off then get back on? TIA

I will be on the Carnival Conquest in Sept. and am interested in doing the City View Trolley hop on hop off tour. How far do you have to walk from the cruise terminal to where the tour is located? Also can you ride it all the way around and then go a second round and get off then get back on? TIA

They have this map which shows the location of three cruise ship locations and the location of the first stop which is at 105 Whitehead, a short walk from the docks. It;s just on the other side of the Custom House, the big red brick building...

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/KeyWest_PDF/CV-KW-WEBMAP.pdf

...but you can also get on at any of the stops. And their FAQ page says that a ticket is good for one full day, so it seems as though you can do as many loops as you want.

Pjk

From where Majesty docked it was about 200 yards.

Dh and I have talked about riding the complete route first and then decide where we'd like to get off.

How long (timewise) is the complete loop?

We did exactly this in 2010. I think it was about an hour.

• 1 month later...

If you are docked at the Outer Mole you must take the free shuttle to Front St.

Old Town Trolley and the Conch Tour Train are the usually provided shuttles; however once you get to Front St you can disembark and take any trolley or other transportation that you desire.

Mike:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this thread, I canceled my Ole Town Trolley excursion and booked City View. They are cheaper and got better reviews (plus, when I took Old Town in DC, I was not impressed and the seats were super uncomfortable). Thanks for your help in making my decision! Looking forward to touring Key West! :)

Thanks to this thread, I canceled my Ole Town Trolley excursion and booked City View. They are cheaper and got better reviews (plus, when I took Old Town in DC, I was not impressed and the seats were super uncomfortable). Thanks for your help in making my decision! Looking forward to touring Key West! :)

You made the right decision, better price and better equipment.

Have a great visit!

Cheaper is not better. City View will not refund your money, Old Town and the Conch Tour Train both will for any reason. Buy online and you will save lots over what they charge on board. I would go with the Conch Train over the other two. It is concentrated in old town, goes slower which is great for pictures and makes stops near the really great stuff to see.

I have never heard of anyone asking for a refund on a trolley tour so that point is moot.

City View has much nicer equipment with padded seats and most vehicles are wheelchairs accessible.

The routes are basically the same for either company and cover old town Key West.

It appears you must work for Ed Swift, I just state the facts.

I also live here and would recommend City View as well. The only reason I recommend Old Town Trolley is if you will use the second day of travel. (Their tickets are good for two days vs City View's one, but that is not relevant to cruise ship visitors), or if you have a burning desire to see car dealers and fast food places in new town. For a one day visitor wanting to tour Old Town, City View is the better choice in my opinion.

PS, I don't work for either company! :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Old Town Trolley is does cost more, has more stops and comes with a 100% money back guarantee.

The additional stops are in New Town and not of interest to most one day visitors and no one ever asks for their money back. My guess is City View would offer a refund if you were not happy. City View has more comfortable padded seats, covers all of the interesting tourism area in Old Town and costs less money.

I know which one I would recommend. (City View!)

Yet another local here, highly suggesting City View over the much more expensive Old Town.

Yes, Old Town does have more stops. But let me explain them. They are stops in New Town that serve no other purpose than to visit a tacky gift shop and to stop at a motel owned by the same clown who owns Old Town. They are pointless and considering the major road construction in that area, aren't even an attraction to tourists.

I don't expect everyone from out of town to know just how much of a local jerk Ed Swift is. But what does baffle me is why anyone would pay up to double the amount for the inferior product.

And by the way, this isn't the first time Old Town has planted employees on this site.