Cruise Critic Community
bejo

Jewish tour of Budapest and Prague

That for your response. Stupid question: Did you tip your private guide. We are also going to be their on Saturday so we will try and do a tour of the Jewish quarter on Sunday before going on the river cruise. Did you convert money to Euro or HUF. Thanks again. Iris

We are 2 couples about to book the Romantic Danube (Jewish Heritage cruise) on AmaWaterways MS AmaSonata for June 27, 2015. It begins w/3-days pre-cruise in Prague and ends in Budapest. We are planning to stay an extra day in Budapest.

As my parents were Holocaust Survivors, I really wanted to do a land tour; however I was out-voted by the other 3.

We have been on several cruises, but never a riverboat cruise. Has anyone done the Jewish Heritage cruise w/AmaWaterways in the past and was it thorough?

Do we need to hire a guide in Budapest or can we do it on our own on the extra day. The cruise offers the choice of a City tour with the afternoon free, or the brochure states "You may take a tour of the Jewish District...".

I hope someone responds quickly as we have to deposit on Monday.

we did Viking cruise and added one extra day in Budapest before our cruise. We hired a private guide and the second day (the day we were going on Viking), we did the Jewish tour that included a good portion and was better than the tour Viking offered. We enjoyed it Hope this helps.