For Those Who Have Been On Hawaii Cruise???

Marie50

Can anyone tell me if when the ship sails into or out of the port on Kauai, does it pass the Napali Coast so as to be able to take photographs? Most helpful when there is really only one Zodiac excursion other than a helicopter that you would be able to see the beautiful coast. Thank You.

No, sorry, the ship does not pass by the Napali Coast. As you mentioned, I would do the Zodiac excursion since I would not be happy on a helicopter. As you sail in, or out of, Kauai, the scenery is spectacular.

The only cruises that do sail by the Napali Coast are the ones that go to Kona, versus Hilo, which is on the other side of the island.

Can anyone tell me if when the ship sails into or out of the port on Kauai, does it pass the Napali Coast so as to be able to take photographs? Most helpful when there is really only one Zodiac excursion other than a helicopter that you would be able to see the beautiful coast. Thank You.

Just returned last week from the Hawaii itinerary on the Grand Princess. We sailed pretty much straight in and out of the harbor at Nawiliwili--didn't go up the Napali Coast.

Normally Princess cruises don't do a sailby of the Napali coast. However, on my Hawaii sailing on the Golden a few years ago, we were unable to dock at Nawiliwili harbor due to high winds. It was disappointing, but the Captain instead did a circle cruise around Kauai, including a slow sailby of the beautiful Napali coast.

Normally Princess cruises don't do a sailby of the Napali coast. However, on my Hawaii sailing on the Golden a few years ago, we were unable to dock at Nawiliwili harbor due to high winds. It was disappointing, but the Captain instead did a circle cruise around Kauai, including a slow sailby of the beautiful Napali coast.

Aloha Kakou,

Absolutely correct...in all of our years on this itinerary, the only times you get to see the Napali coast is when we can't make it into Nawiliwili...and then only if the Captain deems it doable. It is quite the nice sail...but I would rather get into the port.

A Hui Hou,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha Kakou,

Absolutely correct...in all of our years on this itinerary, the only times you get to see the Napali coast is when we can't make it into Nawiliwili...and then only if the Captain deems it doable. It is quite the nice sail...but I would rather get into the port.

A Hui Hou,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha Dave and Leialoha,

The Napali coast sailby was a nice consolation prize for missing our stop in Kauai. It turned out to be a great day, despite our initial disappointment. My wife and I were impressed with how quickly a new Princess Patter was distributed with a full slate of activities. A big Mahalo to all the crew for working extra hard keeping us all entertained that day.

Archived