Live from the Prinsendam as the wizard & witches cruise May 17 - June 17, 2013

kazu

Are you guys taking that 31 day collector's cruise with the incredible itinerary?

Yes, we are indeed - I can barely believe it - but Georgina (gigianne) pinched me today and said - 'we're really here'.:D

Yes, we are indeed - I can barely believe it - but Georgina (gigianne) pinched me today and said - 'we're really here'.:D

Like I have said all along, wish I knew about this itinerary earlier...perhaps we can do it if it comes up again! Having said that, I am so glad you're able to enjoy this cruise, Jacqui...so very cool!

What a great day we had in Ft. Lauderdale today. We are staying at the Embassy Suites and a number of the roll call are as well.

Georgina (gigianne) and her husband and we headed off to rent a car and head out to Sawgrass Mills - wow! talk about a mall. Now, I am not a shopper. I hate shopping malls - but I confess I was 'forced' to buy a couple of things. The price was too good to be refused. After a nice bite at the cheescake place, we headed to Total Wine to stock up with a few things, returned the car, hit the pharmacy and got back in time for the Manager's Reception.

Unbelievable - a beautiful area just off the atrium and Epsot had all all been roped off for us with one sign saying Prinsendam Roll Call - Cruise critic and the other for (our personal names) and their friends. True to his word, the manager provided lovely antipasto and cheese which was way over and above their standard appetizers/munchies at this event. Just to be clear, I didn't ask for any of this - I simply asked if it would be allright for me to save some chairs at the reception. From that simple email it turned into this.

gigianne brought lovely name tags to be used for this event and the sail a way - all hand made and of course, our meet and greet name tags are totally different:D She really goes the extra mile with this stuff.

How nice it was at long last to meet some of these roll call members. Impressions on a roll call and emails can be wrong - but there is no question that this is one fine DAM group of people that were at this event.

We are going to have fun I think:D

Well tomorrow is the big day, I have to make sure I have the meet and greets all addressed and no question, I need to get a thank you note done to our manager here at the Embassy Suites. This has always been my favourite place but now it's even more so.

We'll be waving to you tomorrow and Bobbie (sapper1) tells me she can teach me how to copy and past in 2 minutes on the IPAD - so hopefully I will successfully be able to continue the thread without eating up too many minutes every day. (The first post took nearly an hour - but it's getting better LOL):D

Rich's (0bnxshs - aka the wizard) wife just got an IPAD so we will be struggling together but our IPAD sessions on the sea days should help.

We could see a cruise ship today from our balcony. I think it was a Cunard ship but didn't check the webcam to make sure. hopefully tomorrow we will see the Elegant Explorer.

And shortly after that we will be on her and then we will be truly LIVE:D

hopefully tomorrow we will see the Elegant Explorer.

It wont be long now, she is off the coast of Ft L with a couple of hours to go.

The web cam is dark at the moment but it should be getting light by the time she arrives, she will have all her lights on I guess, so will still be a sight if it is a grey dawn.

to pick you all up and start your adventure! Too dark to "see" it yet but I am watching it on the map of the Port Everglades web cam. I sent screen shots to Jacqui.

I may not see it leave, but I am watching it come in!!!

I just found out my sister is going to be a grandmother so I couldn't sleep, or perhaps I am too excited for you all.

Enjoy!

She is now docked at the pier. I got some screen shots from the webcam as she came in but it was pretty dark so they are not very good. I'll have them on the blog some time today, but it is very busy day for me today so I am not sure when that will be.

What a great day we had in Ft. Lauderdale today. We are staying at the Embassy Suites and a number of the roll call are as well.

Georgina (gigianne) and her husband and we headed off to rent a car and head out to Sawgrass Mills - wow! talk about a mall. Now, I am not a shopper. I hate shopping malls - but I confess I was 'forced' to buy a couple of things. The price was too good to be refused. After a nice bite at the cheescake place, we headed to Total Wine to stock up with a few things, returned the car, hit the pharmacy and got back in time for the Manager's Reception.

Unbelievable - a beautiful area just off the atrium and Epsot had all all been roped off for us with one sign saying Prinsendam Roll Call - Cruise critic and the other for (our personal names) and their friends. True to his word, the manager provided lovely antipasto and cheese which was way over and above their standard appetizers/munchies at this event. Just to be clear, I didn't ask for any of this - I simply asked if it would be allright for me to save some chairs at the reception. From that simple email it turned into this.

gigianne brought lovely name tags to be used for this event and the sail a way - all hand made and of course, our meet and greet name tags are totally different:D She really goes the extra mile with this stuff.

How nice it was at long last to meet some of these roll call members. Impressions on a roll call and emails can be wrong - but there is no question that this is one fine DAM group of people that were at this event.

We are going to have fun I think:D

Well tomorrow is the big day, I have to make sure I have the meet and greets all addressed and no question, I need to get a thank you note done to our manager here at the Embassy Suites. This has always been my favourite place but now it's even more so.

We'll be waving to you tomorrow and Bobbie (sapper1) tells me she can teach me how to copy and past in 2 minutes on the IPAD - so hopefully I will successfully be able to continue the thread without eating up too many minutes every day. (The first post took nearly an hour - but it's getting better LOL):D

Rich's (0bnxshs - aka the wizard) wife just got an IPAD so we will be struggling together but our IPAD sessions on the sea days should help.

We could see a cruise ship today from our balcony. I think it was a Cunard ship but didn't check the webcam to make sure. hopefully tomorrow we will see the Elegant Explorer.

And shortly after that we will be on her and then we will be truly LIVE:D

That was very nice that you all had a special spot in E-Spot for your get-together.

Sounds like you all have enjoyed your time in Ft Lauderdale.

Arthur and I wish you all a wonderful cruise!!!!! Hope you guys have a marvelous time (and really hope the weather clears up when you arrive in our part of the world....it has been dismal and it still is :().

Will of course be watching you guys on the sailaway........I'm sure we will spot you :D

Bon Voyage my friends...and enjoy!enjoy!enjoy!

Is the roll call for this cruise the longest in CC history? It's amazing with over 4800 posts.

Rich, who is busy boarding right now, did some research and found bigger ones, but this is outstanding for a ship of this size. We have had a very enjoyable time planning and soon we will be aboard enjoying the cruise.

Archived