Excited but lots of questions RCI Allure in Dec 2013

My wife and I have been on 2 RCI cruises one in 1996 and one in 2002 both without kids, just had a ball, didn't even matter where we went the SHIP was our vacation.

Now very interested in cruising again narrowed it down to the ALLURE and want to go in the early part of Dec 2013 (narrowing in on Dec 8th at this point) and there will be 5 of us, my mom my wife and i and our 2 kids 12 and 4.

From what I saw online the adventure ocean thing sounds amazing for the 4 yr old, is it true some kids just want to stay all day literally hours and hours? Heck a 2-3 hr break would be nice but if she's loving it (she's a very social kid loves preschool church group etc) she might even wanna stay longer?!?!

My 12 yr old wants to roam with grandma at ports, wife and I just enjoy the ship and if little one is in adventure ocean it might leave wife and I alone to relax on the deck at times!

For adventure ocean, how do they contact us if they need us? Do they close once they are in port or something or if your child is in adventure ocean are you not allowed to leave the ship etc?

Thinking bypass the formal dinner stuff travel light just eat informally at different places especially with the kids and we don't need fancy dressup pics been there did that years ago and will just get fun candids.

Overall excited but nervous hoping the kids have fun and being first cruise with kids hope we have fun too vs being stressed out and never been on a ship that big (last was grandeur in 2002 with no kids).

Any advise for previous RCI members who are going first time on much bigger ship with kids I am all ears!

Bill :)

Archived