Disembarkation at Southampton -Timing

MIZEEKS

My goodness, two (Cabinet) from Britain jumping the queue, unheard of!;)

That's not jumping the queue, just being the head if it :D There is very limited space in the grills lounge and lots of people - I'm actually helping them out by not going all the way up and taking up a seat.

Agree about waiting if you can though - when we are due off late we often go and find a nice space outside to sit and soak up the final moments on board - if possible I try to leave as late as I can.

Jane:

We had a Deck 4 Aft and our colour was the last that was going to be called so that would not get you off for 9 a.m. You could speak with Purser's Desk

and ask for an earlier time or you can self-disembark or, of course, move the time of your pick-up.

If you self-disembark you have to be able to carry (or pull) your luggage off on your own. They will give you a special card and that would have you off

in lots of time for your cab. We had breakfast as soon as the dining room opened, went back to the cabin to pick up our luggage and were off

before 7:30 a.m.

The purser's desk was very helpful and it was a breeze getting off the ship.

Hope you and your family have a great holiday and I imagine you are very excited at this time.:)

best regards,

seasidegal

Thanks Seasidegal. We've done self embarkation on other lines, and we realize that we can't manage it this time. We'll have an extra bag (5 large bags for 4 people) and I know it would be too difficult to carry everything off ourselves.

So, any estimate of a more realistic time we'll be off given our Deck 4 Aft location? Or should I just email Southampton Taxis and tell them we'll be last off, and let them figure it out? They presumably do this all the time.

So, any estimate of a more realistic time we'll be off given our Deck 4 Aft location? Or should I just email Southampton Taxis and tell them we'll be last off, and let them figure it out? They presumably do this all the time.

As it's a local taxi firm, maybe you could arrange to give them a call when you are called to disembark. They should be able to dispatch a car within a few minutes to the docks.

Neil

Hi,

Last time I disembarked in Southampton it all went very smooth, as in the years before. You can always email, but I don't think that this makes a difference. Taxis are constantly coming and going and it took about 15 minutes until I could get in.

Good luck!

Thanks Seasidegal. We've done self embarkation on other lines, and we realize that we can't manage it this time. We'll have an extra bag (5 large bags for 4 people) and I know it would be too difficult to carry everything off ourselves.

I believe, if my memory serves me right :eek:, that the time that was listed for us was 10:30 a.m. But, sadly, I didn't bring home the paper with the

details of disembarkment.

However, like others have said, there were many taxis lined up so no problem for cabs. If you have arranged for a certain cab, I would just email them and tell them you will call when you are within a short time of knowing you will be off the ship. I would not leave it to them to figure out as not all disembarkments go as smoothly as others.

Enjoy the beautiful QM2! :)

best regards,

seasidegal

Archived