Embarkation/Luggage Question

Greg and Mary

We are going on our first cruise, Caribbean Princess, EC in July 2005.

We are flying in the night before and want to know when the best time to arrive at the dock would be....and how long is a normal wait for luggage.:)

I have been warned that the embarkation process is long and it may take several hours for your luggage to arrive in your room. Specifically, my sister just cruised with Carnival - arrived on ship at 3pm and luggage did not arrive in her room until 7pm.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.:)

It really all depends. If you want to get onboard in time to have lunch and watch most of the people board, then get to the dock by about 11:15AM or so. For us, we got there and were onboard well before Noon. The luggage arrived mid-afternoon. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason for when the luggage arrives. I've had it arrive an hour after boarding and I've had it arrive after coming back from late traditional seating.

Overall, the Princess boarding is MUCH faster and more efficient than any of my four RCCL cruises. I wear clothes to embarkation that I could wear to dinner so that I don't worry about what time the luggage will arrive. If you have two suitcases, you might consider mixing up the clothes between the two so that if one bag arrives earlier than the other, you've got something to wear.

Archived