WW & RCCL questions...

besito20

Hi everyone! I just found this subject "Lose Before you cruise" and I'm so excited!

I began Weight Watchers 5 weeks ago and I have lost a total of 13.6 lbs! I still have about 45lbs to go...

I was wondering...for those that have cruised on RCCL ships...do you have any suggestions on what you have done to try to stick to your points while cruising? I wish RCCL had the nutritional information on their foods...

I know they have the ship shape menus and the vegetarian options...but was wondering if anyone has used a better system of trying to keep track of their points...

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Rhapsody of the Seas~~~Our first balcony!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;12;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Welcome besito -- I can't help you with the WW points. The menus on the RCI ships I've been on have always had a grilled salmon if there's nothing on the regular menu that fits your WOE.

I will warn you that the food is high in sodium. If you retain water, you may want to try taking a water pill of some sort, like I do.

If no one else can help you with your answer, you'll have to be sure to come back and tell us the answer!!!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!! Be sure to hang around and weigh in with us every Thursday!

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

On any cruise..It's up to you!

We know what we should and should

not eat. You got an idea of what

some of the points are for some foods.

It's up to you!

We got off the Vision (rccl) a few weeks ago, our waiters would of got us anything to eat we wanted.

There's always..salads, fruit, chicken, ect!

But then there's lots of other foods and LOTS OF DESSERTS! Dining room is more potion control.(if don't ask for seconds) the buffets is harder,can just keep helping your self.

Wish you Luck! Enjoy your cruise, if you happen

to gain, just get back on when you get home.

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Some times it's hard to start eating right after a cruise..the truth!

But you can do it!

Bon Voyage!

First of all, congrats on your success.

I was about 1/2 way to my goal of 70 pounds when I went on a Carnival cruise last year. I received a number of suggestion such as their Lite Fare, take the steps instead of the elevator, use the gym. Of course use common sense; use lite dressings, avoid cream sauces.

However, although I somewhat watched myself I decided that I was going to have a good time. I didn't want to spend the whole cruise stressing about points. I definitely put on some weight. But I went back on program my first full day at home and took off the weight in a week. I've since made it to lifetime, it just took me a couple of weeks more. It was worth the extra two weeks OP to enjoy myself.

Whatever happens, enjoy your vacation and just go right back to it when you get home.

Today, I'm a lifetime WW member but when I got married on my first cruise (May '01 on Explorer) I was only 11 lbs into my 25 pound goal. The week after I got back from my cruise, I weighed and had my biggest weight loss - 3.6 lbs !! Here's how I did it:

Breakfast - fruit, fruit and more fruit ! Maybe a small muffin or pancake and one slice of bacon but my breakfasts consisted mostly of fruit.

Lunch - Salads, grilled chicken, sandwiches with mustard. Veggie burgers at Johnny Rockets. More fruit.

Snacks - Frozen yogurt

Dinner - I only had the lite fare menu one night. Otherwise, I was able to eat off of the normal menu and was offered fish and shellfish, lean steak, chicken dishes, lamb. I always had a salad with FF/lite dressing and veggies with my main dish.

Dessert - the lite fare offerings were woooonderful > sugar free chocolate cake, low fat fruit desserts. I indulged a few nights on creme brulee.

I drank a lot of water and didn't drink a lot of alcohol. Also, we walked around at every port and swam/snorkeled. I worked out in the gym.

I was never miserable or felt like I was missing out because I was doing WW. In fact, I felt like I was overdoing it but my 3.6 lb weight loss reported otherwise.

Remember to journal everyday and use your flexpoints when you need them !

Congrats on your weight loss and keep it up - even on the cruise ! It's easier than you think icon_smile.gif

- Yvette

Archived