OH NO! Another Passport Question :)

Kissara22

Ok, I've just thought of something. We've already booked our Tahitian Cruise ( Paid in full) for the 11/20 sailing. I am getting married this Saturday. I will apply for my passport after the marriage takes place with my new married name. My question is this, ..On the actual booking my last name is the name I have now. ( Sorry this is so uneloquent :) ) What should I do, ..I don't think we can change names once the reservation is paid right? Should I wait to formally change my name once I'm married until after my cruise? Maybe if I just hyphenate it with my former name? Anyone an expert on this??

Thanks so much,

Sara:D

Relax! You have plenty of time. What I would do is change the name on the reservation to your married name.(now) Get your passport with your married name (after the wedding) and get your drivers license changed (after the wedding.) You should be fine.

Janet

If Princess will not allow you to change it, take your marriage certificate with you. My sister's passport is in her maiden name, and she uses her married name -- she has never had a problem when travelling.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! :)

My daughter went through this last year and Sun&Sea is correct: get your cruise booking reservation changed (and don't forget your airline reservation if you've made one separately) to your NEW married name unless you're keeping your maiden name. There's no charge to change the name until final payment. Then, there will be a $50 charge to change the name.

After you're back from your honeymoon, get your passport name changed. All they do is add a sheet to the back of your passport -- you won't get a whole new passport -- so that when you present it, make sure you alert whoever is reviewing the passport. It'll still take up to four weeks to get the updated passport back so do that as soon as you can after you're back.

Archived