Princess communication with Cruise Critic

jbobst

I was looking at the section where you can post questions to Rai Caluori about the new Royal Princess, and I think it's fantastic there is such a direct link to Mr. Caluori here on cruise critic (although, I suspect it might not be him directly, but rather an assistant of some sort...but maybe it is really him reading the questions). However, it's kind of a bummer that only questions about the Royal Princess are allowed. My question is, does Princess ever have a time where they will dedicated a forum to general questions about Princess with a high ranking employee? Obviously, I can't imagine Princess paying someone to monitor questions on this site full or even on a part time basis, but it would sure be great if once or twice a year maybe they had a few days where we could ask general questions and one of their employees could take an hour or two to answer some of them.

I would imagine it would be nice to have the definitive word on why the dress code isn't consistently enforced (so that passengers will know ahead of time what to expect) and the definitive word on tipping and the tipping pool so that those who say they plan to remove the auto-tip and tip individually will know what really happens.

I was looking at the section where you can post questions to Rai Caluori about the new Royal Princess, and I think it's fantastic there is such a direct link to Mr. Caluori here on cruise critic (although, I suspect it might not be him directly, but rather an assistant of some sort...but maybe it is really him reading the questions). However, it's kind of a bummer that only questions about the Royal Princess are allowed. My question is, does Princess ever have a time where they will dedicated a forum to general questions about Princess with a high ranking employee? Obviously, I can't imagine Princess paying someone to monitor questions on this site full or even on a part time basis, but it would sure be great if once or twice a year maybe they had a few days where we could ask general questions and one of their employees could take an hour or two to answer some of them.

I know (from reading here) that they have a Facebook page where they respond to questions but I'm not on Facebook so we'll need someone else to expand on the type of questions asked and answered (and of course that doesn't help us non-Facebook users :mad:).

It would be very rare for this to happen. Remember that any statement by a company official is considered a legal statement by that company. If Princess were to make a definitive statement on here, someone could use that as a legal claim somewhere else (to take it to the extreme - "I want a refund because the CEO of Princess assured Cruise Critic that the dress code would be strictly enforced"

Trust me that every response in the Royal section is carefully considered, and you may notice not every question has been answered.

I am 100 percent certain that Princess monitors the site. But monitoring and response are two different issues. Also, its worth remembering that at its most, Cruise Critic regulars maybe make up about 1 percent of the global cruising population...

Princess has a page on Facebook and if you ask questions, you'll get an answer. It may not be the answer you want or "corp-speak" but they do respond in a timely manner.

Yes, Princess definitely reads CC. You can take that to the bank.

I agree with Loonbeam. While in the FCC office on the Ruby I mentioned the Medallion level that we had known about before it was officially announced and once she found out I was on Cruise Critic she got extremely nervous and guarded in what she was saying as she said "she had to be careful as she did not want to be quoted" on the website. This made it seem that the upper management "punished" people who put information out there that was then published online without approval, so they definitely read this forum and are cognizant of what goes on. As for responding to questions / criticisms it seems they have taken the more stand-offish approach.

Again that goes to liability. If they answer someone in a public forum, anyone else with the same complaint can make the same claim for restitution...

I agree with Loonbeam. While in the FCC office on the Ruby I mentioned the Medallion level that we had known about before it was officially announced and once she found out I was on Cruise Critic she got extremely nervous and guarded in what she was saying as she said "she had to be careful as she did not want to be quoted" on the website. This made it seem that the upper management "punished" people who put information out there that was then published online without approval, so they definitely read this forum and are cognizant of what goes on. As for responding to questions / criticisms it seems they have taken the more stand-offish approach.

I know (from reading here) that they have a Facebook page where they respond to questions but I'm not on Facebook so we'll need someone else to expand on the type of questions asked and answered (and of course that doesn't help us non-Facebook users :mad:).

Princess has a page on Facebook and if you ask questions, you'll get an answer. It may not be the answer you want or "corp-speak" but they do respond in a timely manner.

Yes, Princess definitely reads CC. You can take that to the bank.

I, also, am on their FB page. Most of the time, they reply rapidly. I got a reply in 12 minutes for one of my questions.

Pat

My experience is they do a pretty good job of responding to questions via facebook. I only wish they were able to do the same when it came to e-mailed customer service. Even then though it may take a few days but I'm generally satisfied with the customer service I receive which might be why I keep coming back! ;-)

Hi All

With the Princess EVP Rai Calouri now posting here on CC,

do you think he will do the first live from the Royal,

as assume he will be onboard for the ship yard to Southampton

yours Shogun

Again that goes to liability. If they answer someone in a public forum, anyone else with the same complaint can make the same claim for restitution...

One could argue that Facebook is also a public forum as all anyone has to do is "like" their page to get access. They seem to have no trouble answering on that venue it would seem.

Yes, but take a good look at their answers, for the most part they are generally fairly vague or as noted earlier corp-speak. They are very limited in what they can say or promise.

Facebook reaches a MUCH wider segment of the cruising pool than CC does so it makes sense to dedicate some resources to monitoring it and responding.

One could argue that Facebook is also a public forum as all anyone has to do is "like" their page to get access. They seem to have no trouble answering on that venue it would seem.

Archived