Cozumel Fading Away?

don512

I have noticed that the only HAL ship that ports in Cozumel next year is the Westerdam. I thought that Cozumel has always been a pretty popular port, is there a reason HAL is going there less and less?

Just checked the itineraries for 2006 to the Carib and it does look like the Westerdam is the only ship going to Cozumel. Maybe it's because there can be anywhere from 6-8 or more ships in the port on any given day and this makes it very congested, especially when the ships are so large.

I also see they are bringing the Ryndam back to Tampa from San Diego for 14 days cruises. Guess there are big changes in store for 2006.

Esme,

Those of us on the West Coast are saddened that the Ryndam is leaving us. That leaves only one regularly scheduled HAL ship, the Oosterdam. The big O is beautiful, but having opinions are nice too. Other HAL ships periodically stop here, but it's not the same. The EAst Coast ,by far, has more HAL options.

cruznon and blackbird I am sure you are both saddened by the removal of the Ryndam from the West coast and I can understand why. Maybe they are putting too many ships on the East coast - have no idea as to their reasoning for this, but I will ask the HM of the Ryndam if he knows why.

You're both right but the Zaandam doesn't start these sailings until October 2006 - Hawaii, October 7th and Mexico October 22nd. That should make the West coasters happy seeing that HAL is just replacing the Ryndam with the Zaandam.

I have noticed that the only HAL ship that ports in Cozumel next year is the Westerdam. I thought that Cozumel has always been a pretty popular port, is there a reason HAL is going there less and less?

The Westedam & the Veendam are porting on a regular basis. Also making port there are the Ryndam, Volendam & the Amserdam.

Archived