Please tell me I can bring a fan?????

NHBelle

Hmmmm, I am very happy to see this addressed. I always travel with one of those smaller sized boxed fans and am disappointed that I may not get to keep and use it on our cruise. I will try anyway, but if they take it away, then they do and I'll just have to survive without it, I guess.. Won't be the first time.

I tried to see how that box fan sound maker would sound on my phone... simply not the same! ;)

I have taken a small fan for all our cruises but one and have never had an issues. But I do call ahead and tell Carnival I must have the fan. As my husband has several health issues and is on a By-pap machine also. Just can't sleep without the fan and never had a issue at all. I take it on in my carryon luggage at the different ports (New Orleans, Ft Launderdale, Mobile and Jacksonville.

4/2014 Carnival Sunshine

5/2013 Carnival Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

Deborah&date=4-6-2014&text=Early Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Sunshine

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=&date=5-11-2013&text=30 Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination

So I have done some searches and am getting mixed reviews.....my entire family all sleeps with fans...year round....for noise. We cannot sleep without the noise of a fan. I have small fans that I have purchsed for vacations...they fit in our suitcases and I take them on every trip (1 per room, we are a family of 5 and always end up with 2 rooms). Anyway we are going to Disney before our cruise and I will have them and planned on having them for the cruise, but now I am freaking out that they will not be allowed....then what will I do :(

I too sleep with a fan every night. At first, I used to bring a mini fan and stick a card it it. That makes the same sound and can help you sleep. The ocean puts me to sleep in a second ,so I do sleep with a fan at home ,but when on a cruise, I just bring ear plugs now.

Carnival does not allow plug-in electric fans only battery powered ones. Even if you get through Security, your Room Steward might confiscate your electric fan (this happened to a friend of ours). I always bring battery operated fans and was stopped by Security at Port Canaveral last month and they checked my fan to see if it was actually filled with batteries and to make sure I did not have an electric cord.

Simply not true. Here is what is on Carnival's website..... "Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark."

It states that they will be removed if they could pose a hazard. Nowhere on Carnival's website does it say it does not allow plug in electric fans.

As others have said, it seems it is a hit or miss with fans. If you have one, possibly keep it in it's box so they know it is brand new. Or if it is that small, put it in your carry on.

Carnival does not allow plug-in electric fans only battery powered ones. Even if you get through Security, your Room Steward might confiscate your electric fan (this happened to a friend of ours). I always bring battery operated fans and was stopped by Security at Port Canaveral last month and they checked my fan to see if it was actually filled with batteries and to make sure I did not have an electric cord.

Where in Carnival's cruise contract or policies does it state this?

I've brought an electric fan with me on both of my Carnival cruises out of two different ports and nobody at the port or on the ship said a word about it. I had their policy printed out and ready to battle but it wasn't needed.

From my own experience out of new orleans and alabama (when it left from there) I always carried my small electric fan in my carryon, no problems. 2 cruises ago I accidently put the same fan in my suitcase and it was confiscated.

Archived