I'm starting to freak out here....

It just dawned on me that I have 2 weeks till our cruise to Alaska, and I haven't done a darn thing! Also just discovered on the Princess site, that there's medical forms to get signed by our drs. Argh!!! The panic is setting in.:confused:

I am married to a fireman's flame....

Many thousands of people cruise every week. It can be done. It isn't hard.

Medical forms to be signed by a doctor? Doubt it, Probably just the questionnaire you have to answer to get on board. Takes maybe a minute... and doesn't have to be signed by a doctor. Just tell the truth. For everyone's benefit.

It just dawned on me that I have 2 weeks till our cruise to Alaska, and I haven't done a darn thing! Also just discovered on the Princess site, that there's medical forms to get signed by our drs. Argh!!! The panic is setting in.:confused:

No need to panic over the health form .... it is to be completed and submitted only if you have medical issues/conditions, are pregnant, on dialisys, traveling with oxygen, bringing electric medical equipment onboard. That's my understanding. We do not submit the form, as we do not have such concerns.

No need to panic over the health form .... it is to be completed and submitted only if you have medical issues/conditions, are pregnant, on dialisys, traveling with oxygen, bringing electric medical equipment onboard. That's my understanding. We do not submit the form, as we do not have such concerns.

OH....that makes me feel better.:o I'm so afraid I'll forget to do something, especially since normally I've got lists and more lists by now before we go anywhere, even for a weekend, and now we're going on this cruisetour and then staying another week in Fairbanks afterward and I'm nowhere near the level of planning I think I need.:)

https://book.princess.com/pdf/cp/Princess_Health_Form.pdf

This is the form. It's in the Download Forms & Documents area, and at the top of the page it says " Below are the files and forms you will need to prepare for your cruise" There's 10 forms there. Are they really not needed?

The form say "If you have a medical condition". It looks like if is intended to let Princess know of any unusual conditions.

If you do not have a medical condition ....that might not let you sail ......you do not need this.

Don't panic[

The medical form is only if you have a medical condition that could affect travel.

The rest is easy, just pack a few clothes toiletries etc. (we only take a carry-on each) not the kitchen sink. If you forget something just sluff it through or buy it on board the ship or in a store in a port.

I usually pack the night before. remember underwear!

I think this is why my hubby has me do all the inputting, printing of docs, etc. I look over the fine print, and know what not to worry about.

The forms and all that on the Princess site are basically all there just in case one of them applies to you. But not all of the forms do.

Just make sure to go to "My Princess," fill out the cruise personalizer (something you have to do way before 7 days out) with your passport info and contact info. Then you'll be allowed to print out your boarding passes and luggage tags.

Also read the FAQs and the cruise answer book (I do so before every cruise, even if I've been on the same cruiseline -- even looked over the info on the Golden last December even though I went on the same ship two years before).

Pack layers, sunscreen (yes there's sun), extra batteries/memory card for your camera as Alaska demands you to take several photos, and you'll be set.

Don't forget bug spray for the cruisetour! And make sure it's pump, not aerosol if you're flying.

I wanted to get a cruisetour, but they weren't available when I booked, so I 'made my own' and went with renting a car and staying at B & Bs. I'm really looking forward to it, and would love to hear what's great and what's overhyped.

Thanks all. I needed a little talking down!

This is our first cruise, and DH has put me in charge of all the arrangements, and I'm pretty sure I have all of that taken care of. Train to Vancouver, hotel for the night before we board, plane booked for the trip home. Just getting everything we need together and packed, without taking the kitchen sink is always difficult for me. I'll try to remember to breathe, and not panic. I'm just so darn excited, I can't seem to focus on the basics!!

Well, with two weeks ago it is time not to panic but to get ready for this very exciting cruise. So, start figuring out what you need to take with you and begin packing soon and then organize what you need to.

Focus on that and the time will pass quickly and then it will be time to enjoy this cruise.

Keith

I am married to a fireman's flame....

Seriously?

...This is our first cruise, and DH has put me in charge of all the arrangements, and I'm pretty sure I have all of that taken care of...

Sorry, this adds to my confusion of Bruce's statement above. :confused:

Anyway, have fun. Alaska is beautiful. :)

There's not that much to "get ready"! Pack...take care of the "away from home" things...like mail and paper....make sure your ID's and documents are at hand...and you're ready!

Just take it one thing at a time!

A "firemans flame" is his wife. Me! or in Bruce's case...his wife. :)

OK, so why are you so frazzled? Bruce is one of the calmest, sweetest, most sincere guys on these boards... more than helpful too. Sorry, I'm just not sure why you are freaking out. Is this Bruce's first cruise too? Why are you typing this out on a discussion board and why is he answering you here instead of in the living room? LOL Really confused now! LOL :p:D:confused:

OK, so why are you so frazzled? Bruce is one of the calmest, sweetest, most sincere guys on these boards... more than helpful too. Sorry, I'm just not sure why you are freaking out. Is this Bruce's first cruise too? Why are you typing this out on a discussion board and why is he answering you here instead of in the living room? LOL Really confused now! LOL :p:D:confused:

I think you misunderstood ... the OP is a fireman's wife, and Bruce's wife also is a fireman's wife ... but Bruce is not the OP's spouse.

Archived