Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Just read on Cruise industry news(Facebook page), Anthem of the Seas Steel cutting today at 1PM and Quantum of the Seas Keel-Laying at 2PM today.:D

As it has already happened, I guess they meant 2:00 in Papenburg Germany!

More images from the keel laying ceremony. Notice the blocks behind the white curtain and the ceremony's keel block. So that is what's been going on behind the Getaway. :D It looks like they've laid down a big chunk of keel and started building. Do I see what looks like engine room components? What do you think?

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_1_zps5fd44750.jpg

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_5_zps4470a5c8.jpg

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_2_zps1332fc8a.jpg

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_4a_zps10451440.jpg

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_3_zpsab44654e.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Is it me? They talk about the keel laying as the placement of the first block, however, in the background of the second image, it looks like there is another block already in place to be joined to the block that was lowered down already.

It seems like this may be the ceremony, but that this process may have already begun.

A YouTube video already posted.

Lloyd - Thanks for sharing all this. It does look like as we have mentioned here before that they did do a lot more than we could see. Again the reason why the webcam id not show the back of Hall 6. The big difference that I see here compared to other keel laying at MW (Breakaway & Getaway) is that other blocks have already been put into the building dock.

Is it me? They talk about the keel laying as the placement of the first block, however, in the background of the second image, it looks like there is another block already in place to be joined to the block that was lowered down already.

It seems like this may be the ceremony, but that this process may have already begun.

That's exactly the point I tried to make in earlier postings. This was just a ceremony to keep in tradition, but blocks have already been put in place. Still its finally good to see something for a change and some excitement.

I can't tell about the back block in the second image but the one on the side does not appear to be on the normal blocks. I wonder if they started flipping blocks over and positioning them down there but haven't actually put them in place yet. This may be the first officially placed on her blocks (really not sure what the proper name for them are) and the other's will not be put in place to connected to her.

I can't tell about the back block in the second image but the one on the side does not appear to be on the normal blocks. I wonder if they started flipping blocks over and positioning them down there but haven't actually put them in place yet. This may be the first officially placed on her blocks (really not sure what the proper name for them are) and the other's will not be put in place to connected to her.

I agree with your assessment. It looks like other blocks are being stored in the dock area, but that this was the first to be positioned for actual assembly. That would explain the ceremony and press releases.

Eric

And more (keel) blocks on the way up the Elms to MW today.

[No chance that they are for the Sonne scientific ship?]

I think so, if you connect those pieces it seems like it would be too wide to be the bottom of the other ship.

this all seems to line-up with what I think will happen towards the end of August or early September.

It's just a guess, but they'll probably share more details and new features and show construction progress in the same session.

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for Meyer Werft to change the view within the MW hall. Or will we have to wait? ...

MinionsmoveGetaway_2_zps320ffdab.png

LMAO! Love the minions... especially the one in the 'updated' webcam image.

I too am looking forward to the assembly of the blocks. Or should I say CONTINUED assembly. Looks like some assembly has started.

Darn. Same photos as before. I was hoping that there would be new photos from higher up that showed more of what was behind the curtains.

Well, Tough as Leather, how about these photos from http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galleries/keel-laying-mv-quantum-of-the-seas-and-steel-cutting-mv-anthem-of-the-seas-by-royal-caribbean-international-02-august-2013.html?startimg=0&offset=35 a link at the bottom of the photos at http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cr...tum-class.html (from Snackdaddy's post)

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_10_zpsd9874166.jpg

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_12_zps3ff7f3ca.jpg

[/url]

These images appear to be from the deck next to the NCL Getaway

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_9_zpsa5e91f92.jpg

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_8_zpscf87a204.jpg

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_7_zps39b2914e.jpg

This appears to be from the steel cutting building

Quantum_of_the_Seas_KeelLayingAugust22013_13_zpsa66744a3.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555