Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

This is correct, I am seeing the same updates as well. Just seems like the date is frozen, lol!

I am having withdrawals too. :(

Ha! Last night I went to the MW guestbook and mentioned that the webcam date is frozen in time on August 8th. Today, it's up to date. Should have asked them to move the camera to show the rear of the hall while I was at it! :D

Edited by Lloyd555

Two recent photos at Meyer Werft sooo close to showing some of the Quantum of the Seas behind that other ship. What a tease. :(

August82013_zps709c0c64.jpg

August2013_zpse735d492.jpg

I wonder when the first picture was taken.

There are a lot of suits in that one.

If they're from NCL, it could indicate that NCL is getting close to float out

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wonder when the first picture was taken.

There are a lot of suits in that one.

If they're from NCL, it could indicate that NCL is getting close to float out

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Some important person, perhaps a politicain, was visiting, by what I can tell from the other photos in the gallery.

Float out is in the fall according to the MW website, so we are close!

The Meyer Werft Webcam clearly shows keel sections of the Quantum being staged alongside the NCL Getaway, in Hall #6. It should not be too much longer until they begin laying the keel and building up from there! :cool:

Here's the link: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

Eric

I thought the web link belonged on the current page again.

Sitting here looking at the Getaway, I have to wonder how the people working inside the ship are able to see anything. I'm sure they have some sort of lighting, but is there some sort of hook up on ships that allows power to be transfered into the ship so the ships electrical system works-like the stage that the Getaway is at? I'm sure they aren't running the engines the whole time. :p

Sitting here looking at the Getaway, I have to wonder how the people working inside the ship are able to see anything. I'm sure they have some sort of lighting, but is there some sort of hook up on ships that allows power to be transfered into the ship so the ships electrical system works-like the stage that the Getaway is at? I'm sure they aren't running the engines the whole time. :p

Yes. It's called shorepower. They generally have electrical cables running inside as well as ventilation hoses for supply/exhaust.

2013_08_21_Halle_6_W466.jpg

Definitely movement in the Meyer Werft Webcam. They removed one of the stabilizers off the hull of the ship. (Crane looking things) You can see where it was, because the attachment point where it was has not been painted over. This could mean Getaway is getting ready to float out fairly soon and make room for Quantum!

Also, the hull art looks almost complete.

Definitely movement in the Meyer Werft Webcam. They removed one of the stabilizers off the hull of the ship. (Crane looking things) You can see where it was, because the attachment point where it was has not been painted over. This could mean Getaway is getting ready to float out fairly soon and make room for Quantum!

I also noticed the red flooring is new where the (I believe S6 or 7) suites are located.

I also noticed the red flooring is new where the (I believe S6 or 7) suites are located.

My co-worker (looking over my shoulder) is amused that we are posting about the NCL Getaway in the Quantum of the Seas thread. I had to explain why.

Has anyone seen if there is this much interest in the Getaway's construction in its threads? :D

I am not sure how I found this site (one glass of red wine and my mind turns to mush), but this site may belong to an official photographer for Meyer Werft? There are photos of the keel laying ceremony and work being done installing the engines. I sure hope there are more photos to come of the Quantum of the Sea's construction.

Wonder why photos are available on the site (link below) before Meyer Werft or RCI would show them. Shhhhh...let's keep it our secret! Don't want the photos removed! :cool:

Here are a sample of some of the 196 photos (including the Anthem's steel cutting):

[/url]

QofSengine02_zpse9ba9ec5.jpg

QofSengine0_zpsdb67b260.jpg

QofSengine4_zps561a9a77.jpg

QofSengine02a_zpsfeecda4b.jpg

QofSengine05_zpsc6a80023.jpg

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=1820

OMG!! How do you find these photos!!

That's it; I'm starting a up a collection to pay for a free trip to Meyer Werft for you! :D Or would you prefer a free cruise on the QoftheS?! :p

Let's keep this hush hush!! Don't want to lose access to any potential construction photos if there are more to come!

Once again, great sleuthing!!

Edit: Cool that they delivered the engines in a boat from the truck.

Edited by Cutesy Pie Lover

OMG!! How do you find these photos!!

That's it; I'm starting a up a collection to pay for a free trip to Meyer Werft for you! :D Or would you prefer a free cruise on the QoftheS?! :p

Let's keep this hush hush!! Don't want to lose access to any potential construction photos if there are more to come!

Once again, great sleuthing!!

Edit: Cool that they delivered the engines in a boat from the truck.

I prefer both, but keep your money. :D

Photos of that other ship reveal a closer look at some Quantum of the Seas blocks.

QofSblocksalongsideGetaway0_zps4dc5e1de.jpg

QofSblocksalongsideGetaway1_zpse5604c06.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Great site!! Who needs the webcam! Thanks, Lloyd.

The geek in me is lovin' this! Wha?! Who said that?!!

I think that the engines were delivered to MW by boat and then transferred to that yellow transporting vehicle to bring them to Hall 6 for installation.

OK, so let's put the Quantum together already!!

Forgot to mention, but this site does indeed belong to the official photographer for Meyer Werft. I asked Ingrid on her Facebook page, and she confirmed it.

The fog has lifted and I remember how I found the site: I found one of Ingrid's photos of the Sonne vessel being built at Meyer Werft. Clicked on it, and almost geeked myself when - after a few more clicks - I saw a gallery for the Quantum and Anthem.

Edited by Lloyd555

Forgot to mention, but this site does indeed belong to the official photographer for Meyer Werft. I asked Ingrid on her Facebook page, and she confirmed it.

The fog has lifted and I remember how I found the site: I found one of Ingrid's photos of the Sonne vessel being built at Meyer Werft. Clicked on it, and almost geeked myself when - after a few more clicks - I saw a gallery for the Quantum and Anthem.

Thank you for the clue words !! I found her website and wow !!

Wonder why photos are available on the site (link below) before Meyer Werft or RCI would show them. Shhhhh...let's keep it our secret! Don't want the photos removed! :cool:

Well, the cat is out of the bag. ;)

The Unofficial Royal Caribbean Blog has posted about the photographer's site. Likely heard it here first. :)

I noticed that they had larger photos courtsey of Ingrid Fiebak, so I went back to the site and -duh - discovered that, yes, placing the cursor over the image makes a bigger image appear, but clicking on the image gets you an even larger one like on the Royal Caribbean Blog.

Hey! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks! Thanks!

So here are bigger images to inspect. Hmmm, where do these blocks belong on the ship??? And what are those rocket-like objects in the 2nd and 3rd picture?

Quantumblocks01_zps8693928f.jpg

Quantumblocks000_zps2f2a9d2a.jpg

Quantumblock0002_zps4424dbc8.jpg

Photos courtsey of Ingrid Fiebak

Edited by Tough as Leather
Added 'Photos courtsey of Ingrid Fiebak'

Parts that run from the engines to smoke stacks?

Maybe they fit over those two round white objects that you can see under the second crane beam from the right in the second photo? They're on a block - with 8 elevator shafts - which appears to belong to the middle of the ship where the forward smoke stacks are.

Maybe parts for the RipCord by iFly?

What's up with the area in the yellow square? Is it a walkway down the center of the ship that is above or part of the royal promenade/esplanade that allows passengers to look down onto deck(s) below? Or the open areas next to the 'walkway' may be where the elevators run? That would be same 6 of 8 elevator shafts mentioned in my previous post. :rolleyes:

Or is it just a block that is incomplete?

Lesplanade_zps5492c780.jpg

What's up with the area in the yellow square? Is it a walkway down the center of the ship that is above or part of the royal promenade/esplanade that allows passengers to look down onto deck(s) below? Or the open areas next to the 'walkway' may be where the elevators run? That would be same 6 of 8 elevator shafts mentioned in my previous post. :rolleyes:

I would think elevators

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Hard to tell without knowing what block number it is.

I, too, may have to go with elevators. Almost seems too narrow for it to be the Esplande.