Party Poopers - Quiet Cruisers!

My wife and I like to lay low and have a good time. We are the type of people who would avoid the Meet and Mingle events just because of the anticipation and the crowd. Meeting a couple or two at a time isn't bad though. :)

We don't drink or dance much and enjoy quiet time just lounging in paradise. Who else looks to avoid the crowds during the cruise? Are we the only ones?

BTW, we are 39 and 37. Have we just developed into "old people?" :D

You don't sound old.........just mature:). Many just need a getaway to just recharge their batteries. There is something for everyone........for us quiet time is the best.......for others it is the realm of activities and go, go, go..........

My wife and I like to lay low and have a good time. We are the type of people who would avoid the Meet and Mingle events just because of the anticipation and the crowd. Meeting a couple or two at a time isn't bad though. :)

We don't drink or dance much and enjoy quiet time just lounging in paradise. Who else looks to avoid the crowds during the cruise? Are we the only ones?

Geez, you are denying yourself the pleasure of meeting a jack@$$ like me.

I think a lot of cruisers are like you. We don't socialize much, but we usually do show up for either lunch or dinner in the dining room each day and talk to the people at our table. Only once have we gotten seated with people who were not to our liking. Actually it was just one man who was kind of a jerk. Could've given Cliff Claven some competititon.

But other than that, we pretty much keep to ourselves at the pool and on deck. We have taken several vacations with family and friends, but never so far on a cruise.

My wife and I are 29 and 27 and like that. We just don't get a ton of time together, especially since I travel a lot for work, so we like to be with each other on vacation, and most other people get in the way. For a cruise, that means balconies or above because we can comfortably spend time in the room, watching the world go by, with drinks, and without others. Also means a table for two at dinner.

Cruises aren't ideal for people like us, but definitely can be done, and fairly easily.

You sound like a wonderful couple IMO

You know who you are and what you like. You seem to bother no one and know how to please yourselves.

You'd be a joy to be around and to cruise with.

Many cruisers are not 'party hearty' type people..... not that there is anything wrong with that but we are all different and some of us are less boisterous and energetically involved in doing it all!!! :D

Cast another vote for leave me alone I'm on vacation!!!

It's not that we don't like to meet new people, it's just not the place I want to do it...

Give me my balcony and a Cocktail and Cigar and my better half, and I am a Happy Guy!!!:D C.G.

Sounds just like us. We should hang out next cruise!!!

Oh wait...that wouldn't work ;)

I go to meet and mingle to see the captain and others, and hope for free booze :D

We, sis and I, are old in age (66 - 64) but young at heart but like you, we like quiet time. The majority of the time we do go to the Meet and Mingle but usually land up at a table with just us two and speak on to a couple of people.

You won't find us on a beach (too hot and sis gets sick in direct hot sun), snorkeling under water (neither one of us can swim), swinging from the trees hundreds of feet in the air (she is avoid of heights and I am not that crazy yet) or boozing it up at the bars.

As you can tell we are probably boring people but that is the way we like it. We prefer to find a quiet place, grab an ice-tea, a small plate of fresh pastries and read our Nooks.

As far as you developing into old people - no. I have many younger friends whose parents are in their 80s that love doing what we avoid. So if we are ever on the same cruise just look for two 'older than you' ladies reading nooks, drinking ice tea and munching on a cookie or éclair and say hello.

We very much enjoy being around and meeting new people. Large crowds don't bother us in the least. :D

Certainly, there are times when we just want to have some time alone.

We like having dinner in specialty restaurants fairly often so they are always a relaxing times alone for us.

Great that people can do either or something in between on cruises! :)

LuLu

~~~~

We are not exactly considered partiers....my partner will be crashing at 10pm if not earlier, but we are very social, and really enjoy meeting people...We do look forward to Happy Hour, but two drinks is our maximum....we have a great time by ourselves or with others....

The great thing about cruising is that you can do as much or as little as you want!!

We ARE old people but I found after 30 I did not enjoy the party scene as much

We like to go on smaller ships it is much more conducive to a peaceful cruise

YMMV

Lyn

We are a couple with a teen son who have travelled extensively worldwide and are taking our first cruise in med in Sept .We keep to ourselves and really see tthe the ship as a floating hotel and transport .We avoid organised activities and photographers at every opportunity and just stick together .I do not think its an unusual mindset at all

Kind Regards Anton

Geez, you are denying yourself the pleasure of meeting a jack@$$ like me.

We are 56 and 61 and enjoy meeting others! We LOVE jack@$$es. :cool:

I guess it sorta depend on what you do when you aren't cruising....we are relatively solitary artwork, so enjoy meeting others when on vacation. The good part about vacations is that there are enough options to allow those that want quiet to have a quiet vacation and those that want to socialize to do so.....and all on the same ship!

Isn't life grand?!?!?! ;)

Congratulations on being a grown-up. Life is great, especially if you can spend special parts of it with your best friend. My wife and I enjoy dining with others at an assigned table, finding it fun to have a kind of " nucleus " group with which to share the days events -- otherwise we do our own thing: play trivia if we find a good team, share the magic of the sea, and at least one paper-umbrella-garnished-frou-frou sail away drink on one of the upper decks, and wave goodbye to the pilot as we pass the sea bouy.

You are not alone. While I would like to meet other people at a Meet and Mingle doing so comes with the expectation that one must also plug into the whole spectrum of alternative CC activities. I'm not interested in doning group t-shirts, cabin crawls, slot pulls, signing on to private excursions, or general "hanging out" the entire cruise with fellow CC members. I'm a party pooper too.

Archived