retroactive group?

jws0318

So long story short, we booked ES for June 2014 and planned to travel with 2 other couples. Word of mouth being what it is, we now have 19 people booked in 9 cabins, and possibly we will add more. Had i known that this many were going to go, i would have contacted the groups desk, but i had no idea.

My question is, now that most of us are booked and at least paid a deposit, is it too late to contact the group desk? What benefits could i expect to recieve at this point? And finally, assuming I end up with 20+ people, what options are there for us such as private meet and greets, happy hours, slot tournements, etc?

Thanks

Even if you could, which Im 99% sure you cant change to a group now, unless you all booked thru the same TA who could move you into a group possibly.

Carnival's groups give few benefits and it would be a lot more hassle. One person would have to co-ordinate things if its a group booking thru Carnival which isnt worth it.

The group ES price would be higher. Would all the member be ok with paying a higher price to get some perks? The perks are usually discounted vs paying direct on your own for a party. The problem I found is not everyone wants to pay extra for a cocktail hour, depending on if they drink or not .. as a for instance. (this is what our group leader decided to use for our perk points on my first group cruise, and it turned me off of groups).

The perks for groups are not free, so price matching .. you would then have to add in the extra group perk amount.. lets say $11.44 or whatever .. to price match to your new higher rate.

Not all dates have group perks left .. depends on how close to the date you are, the perks may have already been given out and none left to give to groups.

I really think you lost very little by not being a group, except a bunch of headaches for very little extra in perks.

Archived