Sailing over NewYears

DH and I are thinking about a New Years cruise. Has anyone sailed over New Years? I imagine there will be a lot of kids. Any pros or cons?

haha come join the conversation below yours! We must have posted the same question seconds apart.

We were on the Sensation for a New Years cruise.

At that time the ship stayed overnight in Nassau. So we were able to see fireworks at midnight.

The ship still had its Christmas decorations up which we thought was a nice touch.

There did not seem to be any more kids on this cruise than any other we sailed on.

We would do it again

Did it this past New Years on the Breeze and in previous yeras on the Splendor and Liberty.

Lots of kids (causing lots of 3rd / 4th passengers in cabins) which will result in the ship being at its true max capacity. That was the biggest con for us, the ship felt crowded. With these crowds comes lots of children in the pools, etc., you get the picture. It's part of the tradeoff for doing a NYE sailing. It's also more expensive, another con.

The plus side is that the NYE party was really a blast, everyone out on deck together with music playing and the big screen showing Times Square. It's a lot of fun.

We probably won't do it again for a few years becuase we're going to try and avoid sailing with tons of kids in the future, but I don't regret doing it at all.

Archived