Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Sorry I did not read all 34 pages, but are there any issues getting a taxi back to the ship? Should I leave a lot of time for that, or are they easy to get?

Let your waiter know when you want to leave, he'll call a taxi for you. Our ship was scheduled to leave at 5 PM, so we got a taxi at 2:45 and had plenty of time to get some shopping in...

Sorry I did not read all 34 pages, but are there any issues getting a taxi back to the ship? Should I leave a lot of time for that, or are they easy to get?

Your waiter will quickly get a taxi for you when you're ready to return to the ship. No problem!

• 3 weeks later...
How do I book this place? I will be there next January (2017). Looks nice!

So there is a fee per person and that includes the food and drinks? And we have our own snorkel masks...is there good snorkeling there?

Go here:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/cozumel-beach-break.cfm

Unlimited drinks, 4 course lunch, they offer a snorkeling excursion to two locations (extra $$).

And we have our own snorkel masks...is there good snorkeling there?

No sandy beach will offer good snorkeling, including the beach at Nachi. You might see a few fish, etc. near the pier area, but to get a good snorkeling experience you'll need to take their excursion (I think it costs about $35+ each) or go to a spot like the Money Bar that offers good snorkeling from the shore (but no beach).

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

No sandy beach will offer good snorkeling, including the beach at Nachi. You might see a few fish, etc. near the pier area, but to get a good snorkeling experience you'll need to take their excursion (I think it costs about $35+ each) or go to a spot like the Money Bar that offers good snorkeling from the shore (but no beach).

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

What he said....

At Nachi, you sre taken by boat to a couple different spots on the Palancar reef. Excursion is about 2 hours long.

I might add that you can snorkel from the sandy beach at West End on Roatan. Reef is only about 30 yards from shore...

Edited by Raxter54

Yeah, you will be wasting your time to snorkel off any sandy beach area of Cozumel. Money Bar is great for snorkeling.

For Roatan, West Bay Beach and West End Village/Half Moon Bay is great for it. WBB, snorkel about 30 yards out and whole world opens up. My wife is a terrible swimmer and doggy paddled around -- she loved it. I swim a bit further out.