mexican riviera on star in feb., 2006

ferrycruiser

"Hi there" from good ol' germany! :)

What a great board for NCL-cruisers.

We join our second cruise with NCL february next year on the Norwegian Star - mexican riviera.

Has anybody taken this tour before? What about the Star? I read so much about the Dawn, but less about our ship. Any special things we have to do, places we have to join? How about cabin balcony BD? We booked a "special" so it is a guarantee cabine. How good is the chance for an upgrade (latitude, but 2nd cruise)?

What do we have to see on mexican riviera? Should we rent a car? I think we won't join to much shore excursions - are there some we shouldn't miss?

So many questions, sorry about that and my "german english". :o

Ciao and "ahoi",

"Hi there" from good ol' germany! :)

What a great board for NCL-cruisers.

We join our second cruise with NCL february next year on the Norwegian Star - mexican riviera.

Has anybody taken this tour before? What about the Star? I read so much about the Dawn, but less about our ship. Any special things we have to do, places we have to join? How about cabin balcony BD? We booked a "special" so it is a guarantee cabine. How good is the chance for an upgrade (latitude, but 2nd cruise)?

What do we have to see on mexican riviera? Should we rent a car? I think we won't join to much shore excursions - are there some we shouldn't miss?

So many questions, sorry about that and my "german english". :o

Ciao and "ahoi",

Hello:

My wife and I took this cruise this past spring, and here is a link to our detailed review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=150680

We really enjoyed the ship and the cruise was fantastic!

Hi Ferrycruiser,

We were on the STAR in April of this year and liked it so much we will be returning agin in Feb. 2006. Your guarantee BD cabin may very well end up being a BA, but usually they upgrade you from balcony to balcony and not from a balcony to a suite. The ship is beautiful and very similar to the DAWN, which is her sister ship. We didn't find a need to rent a car in any of the ports, and there are many options for things to see and do. Check out the "Ports of Call" boards here at Cruise Critic for some great ideas. We did have a rental car both pre and post cruise to explore the LA and Hollywood area. Make sure you also check out the "Roll call forum" here at Cruise Critic and chat with the actual people who will be cruising with you.

Take your time and read all the great information here at Cruise Critic as it really does help the days pass a little faster until your cruise.

Archived