UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

I have nothing to add to this list except to say how excited I am to be cruising again with Leigh and hopefully his assistant Frank on the Explorer in 2 weeks! They're fantastic together! I never would have imagined myself saying that the CD can really add to the cruise experience until I cruised with Leigh as the CD last summer.

You need to find out about his vacation! I REALLY want to cruise with Leigh in October, and I hope he's back in time for my sailing. He was the activities manager a few years ago on Liberty of the Seas with Mike Swajkowski as the CD. They were a great team, and I'm so happy Leigh was promoted!

You need to find out about his vacation! I REALLY want to cruise with Leigh in October, and I hope he's back in time for my sailing. He was the activities manager a few years ago on Liberty of the Seas with Mike Swajkowski as the CD. They were a great team, and I'm so happy Leigh was promoted!

I'll make sure to ask him when he's leaving and will post it when I get back.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is filling in for Jimmy Rhodes, who was moved over to Mariner as an emergency fill-in there. Jimmy should be back as the regular CD of Grandeur soon (exact date unknown)

Grandeur OTS - unknown who will be CD when the ship returns to service on July 12

The above is incorrect. John IS the CD for the Grandeur. He is with the ship (as are all crew members) as it is being repaired and will remain onboard as CD for the remainder of his contract. I just had lunch with his mother. ;) John's parents will join the ship for it's Bermuda run after the ship returns to service in July. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

Guest maddycat
I have nothing to add to this list except to say how excited I am to be cruising again with Leigh and hopefully his assistant Frank on the Explorer in 2 weeks! They're fantastic together! I never would have imagined myself saying that the CD can really add to the cruise experience until I cruised with Leigh as the CD last summer.

I agree. They were on the Explorer in April and we were very impressed. Leigh was the first CD in a long time who acturally used his own material. He was original and funny. So many others lift material off of the internet. They tell jokes that have been making the email rounds.

The above is incorrect. John IS the CD for the Grandeur. He is with the ship (as are all crew members) as it is being repaired and will remain onboard as CD for the remainder of his contract. I just had lunch with his mother. ;) John's parents will join the ship for it's Bermuda run after the ship returns to service in July. :)

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months (need exact date), then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14 (it is not yet known when his break starts, and which CD will be filling in for him)

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is with the ship (as are all crew members) as it is being repaired and will remain onboard as CD once the ship returns to service

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks (exact date? Then who?)

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush November 2, 2014 until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Edited by DonnaK

subscribing.....and wishing for Richard Spacey in Sept....and knowing we probably won't get him. I've heard such good things and we have never had him before.

Donna, thanks for keeping the list.

Edited by truffles2

He was probably a member of the activities staff who filled-in as CD for a cruise or two, and then reverted back to his original position. He hasn't been a CD with RCI for as long as I've been maintaining the list (about 18 months).

It was more than 18 months ago but my guess is that he was just a stand in director. Shame as he was a fantastic director, not as good as Mercedes Fuentes though.

OK, here is the info many of you have been waiting for. Richards Spacey posted this on Twitter today:

Richard Spacey @ richardspacey

3 more weeks and then back to my lovely family and friends back home.

So that means his break starts July 7. And, then he should be back at the beginning of September, unless something unexpected happens to change things.

Edited by DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months (need exact date), then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14 until July 7. (it is not yet known which CD will be filling in for him) Richard should be returning at the beginning of September, unless something unexpected happens to change things.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is with the ship (as are all crew members) as it is being repaired and will remain onboard as CD once the ship returns to service

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks (exact date? Then who?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

subscribing.....and wishing for Richard Spacey in Sept....and knowing we probably won't get him. I've heard such good things and we have never had him before.

Donna, thanks for keeping the list.

Your cruise will likely be his first sailing after he returns from his break!

Anyone have any experience with John Perry as CD? We will be sailing Grandeur the end of August into early September. Does anyone know the dates he will be CD?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14 until July 7. (it is not yet known which CD will be filling in for him) Richard should be returning at the beginning of September, unless something unexpected happens to change things.

Does anyone know what has happened to Abel Jenney? I don't see his name on here any more. We had him last year on AOS & he was FAB!

Last I heard Abel left the company. We had Abel on a Voyager TA and twice on Adventure and thought he was excellent.

Edited by clarea

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Edited by DonnaK

Can someone find out:

AL: The exact date (August?) of the handover between Ken and Allan, and when does Ken expect to return?

EX : The exact date (August?) of the handover between Leigh and John, and when does Leigh expect to return?

FR: Who will be filling in for Richard, and when does Richard expect to return?

JW: The exact date (July?) of the handover between Carly and Dennis?

LB: When does Rich's break begin (July?), and who will be filling in for him?

MJ: Does Mitch's break begin in early July, and who will be filling in for him?

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Just off FOS today. Richard is on vacation from July 7th through August 25th. This is straight from him. We actually were very lucky and got to spend some time with him and the very funny activities director Jaime.

Just off FOS today. Richard is on vacation from July 7th through August 25th. This is straight from him. We actually were very lucky and got to spend some time with him and the very funny activities director Jaime.

Do you know who will be filling in for him?

Has he officially been named for QN or is this well-founded speculation? On AL June 2-9, he made a point of saying he hasn't been asked (yet).

Beth, I got this info from post #1995 on the old CD thread:

post_old.gif June 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM

image.php?u=317870&dateline=1263190250ncb106 user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

Hi I had send ken rush a message on Facebook asking if he gonna take out the quantum his replied was yes he wil be on her until jan 2015 and then he will give the ship over to the other cd.i am hoping Richard spacey will take over

Edited by DonnaK