? About Sofas in Cabins

RealDeal

Totally bizarre questions, I know, but here goes. Are the pullout sofas the same size (width) as non-pullouts? Also, does anyone know if the sofas can move or are they bolted down or something?

I'm sure you're wondering why I would ask such insane ??s so here's my explanation...When we were on RCCL's Allure we were able to switch the sofa w/one of the beds & this worked much better for us due to one of us (hint: not me) being a major snorer.

That's certainly a question I've never seen on here! Kudos for asking it. LOL

I don't know if they move or not. But.. my solution is to bring a good, comfortable pair of earplugs. The slight difference in distance (sofa width) wouldn't help me much. LOL

Totally bizarre questions, I know, but here goes. Are the pullout sofas the same size (width) as non-pullouts? Also, does anyone know if the sofas can move or are they bolted down or something?

I'm sure you're wondering why I would ask such insane ??s so here's my explanation...When we were on RCCL's Allure we were able to switch the sofa w/one of the beds & this worked much better for us due to one of us (hint: not me) being a major snorer.

I'm not answering this question until I know who's relegated to the couch. ;)

Yay...a non-repetitive question! (I did try to search for info...came up empty.)

LOL....actually, the goal is for neither of us to be relegated to the couch...

And I do realize how totally bizarre this sounds, for the record!

Just to clarify, not only do I use heavy duty earplugs, but I have a "noise machine" as well....and still need "distance."

Our Allure cabin was quite a sight w/all the furniture moved around. Our cabin steward walked in & had a completely baffled expression on his face (can't blame him!)... And, yes, we moved it back once the trip was over!

Why wouldn't you just use the couch where it is--it's VERY close to the bed! I seriously doubt it can be moved, probably bolted for safety reasons in case of high seas.

Of course you can ask for bed to be made up as twins--you'd be about as far apart as on the couch.

Why wouldn't you just use the couch where it is--it's VERY close to the bed! I seriously doubt it can be moved, probably bolted for safety reasons in case of high seas.

Of course you can ask for bed to be made up as twins--you'd be about as far apart as on the couch.

B/c from what I've read it's not very comfortable for an adult.

CathyCruises: Thx...So much for that idea!

The sofas on the S class ships, including the Solstice, are not movable. The sofas that are convertible to beds are the same size as the non-convertible sofas in all of the cabins that I've seen.

The sofas on the S class ships, including the Solstice, are not movable. The sofas that are convertible to beds are the same size as the non-convertible sofas in all of the cabins that I've seen.

Well, that sums it up! Thanks so much...really appreciate the info.

Please don't let my wife see this thread...:p

To the OP, what I'd probably recommend is to request two single beds (rather than a queen). The extra space between the beds going with singles adds just a little more of a buffer to deaden the noise.

Please don't let my wife see this thread...:p

To the OP, what I'd probably recommend is to request two single beds (rather than a queen). The extra space between the beds going with singles adds just a little more of a buffer to deaden the noise.

Well that, my friend, is a given! LOLOLOL.... I just wish X had a category b/w veranda & Sky Suite. I just can't justify paying thousands of dollars more to get a few extra feet b/w us.

Your wife might want to try Hearos earplugs. I've tried several brands and those work the best.

Slightly off topic - but if your OH is a major snorer and youv'e not had him checked out for sleep apnea you really should.

I was that man myself - snored so loud you could hear me the other side of the house. Turned out I had sleep apnea and was stopping breathing about 70 times per hour.

I now have a cpap machine and the only noise I make is the sound of the machine (and I also feel a lot better for a proper nights sleep)

Slightly off topic - but if your OH is a major snorer and youv'e not had him checked out for sleep apnea you really should.

I was that man myself - snored so loud you could hear me the other side of the house. Turned out I had sleep apnea and was stopping breathing about 70 times per hour.

I now have a cpap machine and the only noise I make is the sound of the machine (and I also feel a lot better for a proper nights sleep)

Thanks...

Archived