Looking for a weight loss/workout buddy!

SusieV

Don't feel bad I avoided the scale too!! Lol!! I guess is stupid diet is a blessing in disguise, I'm not allowed to eat anything with grains in it so I haven't had any bread or donuts or anything like that in over two years, don't even remember what it tastes like lol! Even pasta is substituted for steamed al dente' carrot sticks under my (homemade) skeddi sauce..

The no bread or grain thing would be a huge change of life. Do those irritate your stomach or make you very sick? Lucky you have pinpointed what does not agree. So many times the doctors grasp for straws on what causes what

Debbie

It's starch and it turns to sugar, and then a bacteria from my lower intestine attacks it viciously in my small intestine within a short time. My belly blows up so I look like im 6 months pregnant hard as a rock and painful,more painful than I can describe. So no starches, sugars, dairy or preservatives. All this messes it up. Honey in small amounts is ok. Simple sugars like whole fresh fruit is too, (I can juice it myself if I want).

I've even slipped up by mistake (breading on fish) and been sooooo sick, hospitalized before this diet. Now I just behave . Ugh and lol

Yeah we have a couple local restaurants we trust, and test drive cruise in February on X on Solstice. We had an Aqua suite so we ate in Blu every night I highly recommend that!!!! I wasn't sick once, they took great care of me!! The room steward made sure there was fresh fruit and coconut water in the room everyday! I brought my own peanut butter from home haha

So are you sailing on Celebrity? I have heard good things on Blu. Awesome how they work with you and your diet.

We were on Reflection this past February and will be on Equinox this coming February. ;)

Debbie

I have another fairly quick and easy and really healthy yummy treat you can make for yourself in your family!! My DH and I LOVE these things!!!! Lol!!

You'll need 5 large firm, ripe bananas.. plain greek yogurt.. honey.. vanilla... almonds (or nuts that YOU like).. unsweetened coconut flakes.. popsicle sticks...parchment paper.

-Mix plain thick greek yogurt with honey and tiny bits of vanilla to taste until it has a smooth sweet texture, set aside.

-Chop 2 cups almonds really well, into very small pieces. Miv in one cup unsweetened flake coconut. Spread coconut/nut mixture onto cookie sheet and "toast" it carefully in the oven for a few minutes at about 400 deg. (Watch for burning!) Lol allow to cool.....

- cut five good sized bananas in half. Carefully insert popsicle stick into banana at the cut end very carefully, about half inch..

- with two hands roll with bananas (not touching the stick) in through the yogurt mixture until coated.

next, roll that same coated banana gently on to the cookie sheet with the nuts and coconut mixture making sure to cover all the yogurt. Set aside onto parchment paper in the freezer.

- repeat for the rest of your bananas and you'll have 10 healthy yummy banana ice cream nummies!!

Hint- they freeze REALLY hard! so put them in the microwave first for 10 seconds before biting into it just so that they're not so rock hard!! Lol

I roll half of them in melted chocolate for my husband, just because he CAN have it and loves them (his weight is perfect ;) )

they are the most decadent things you ever saw!

We always have a freezer full!!

Bon Appetite!!

uploadfromtaptalk1406201660632.jpg.064fb042f3c66a202d56fa7ad387df12.jpg

[emoji151][emoji14][emoji168]

This is a picture of some yummy treats I'd like to share with u!! Homemade banana ice cream on a stick!

You'll need 5 firm ripe large bananas, large container of plain Greek yogurt, Vanilla, honey, 3 cups of almonds (or nuts of your choosing) , 1.5 cups flake coconut, popsicle sticks, parchment or wax paper

- hand stir 3 cups of yogurt with vanilla and honey to taste to make a smooth, "sweetish" mixture, set aside

Jump 3 cups of nuts into VERY small pieces. Combined with a cup and a half of coconut flakes. Spread out evenly on large cookie sheet . Carefully toast in oven for a few minutes at around 400 degrees, taking care not to burn! Allowed to cool, leaving on the cookie sheet!

- peel and cut the bananas in half, carefully insert popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana about a half an inch

- with two hands roll each banana in the yogurt mixture (take care not to use popsicle stick), then roll in the nut and coconut mixture... Set onto parchment paper in your freezer. Repeat for each banana half, and you'll have a freezer full of yummy healthy banana treats!! My husband begged me to put chocolate on his half of these, so I did.. After freezing them a couple hours, I took them out in and I dipped them in melted chocolate! he's in heaven ( he also has no weight issues and only eats one or two a week lol) theyre the most decadent things you ever saw! Lol

[emoji12][emoji151][emoji168][emoji108]

I have another fairly quick and easy and really healthy yummy treat you can make for yourself in your family!! My DH and I LOVE these things!!!! Lol!!

You'll need 5 large firm, ripe bananas.. plain greek yogurt.. honey.. vanilla... almonds (or nuts that YOU like).. unsweetened coconut flakes.. popsicle sticks...parchment paper.

-Mix plain thick greek yogurt with honey and tiny bits of vanilla to taste until it has a smooth sweet texture, set aside.

-Chop 2 cups almonds really well, into very small pieces. Miv in one cup unsweetened flake coconut. Spread coconut/nut mixture onto cookie sheet and "toast" it carefully in the oven for a few minutes at about 400 deg. (Watch for burning!) Lol allow to cool.....

- cut five good sized bananas in half. Carefully insert popsicle stick into banana at the cut end very carefully, about half inch..

- with two hands roll with bananas (not touching the stick) in through the yogurt mixture until coated.

next, roll that same coated banana gently on to the cookie sheet with the nuts and coconut mixture making sure to cover all the yogurt. Set aside onto parchment paper in the freezer.

- repeat for the rest of your bananas and you'll have 10 healthy yummy banana ice cream nummies!!

Hint- they freeze REALLY hard! so put them in the microwave first for 10 seconds before biting into it just so that they're not so rock hard!! Lol

I roll half of them in melted chocolate for my husband, just because he CAN have it and loves them (his weight is perfect ;) )

they are the most decadent things you ever saw!

We always have a freezer full!!

Bon Appetite!!

[ATTACH]320117[/ATTACH]

[emoji151][emoji14][emoji168]

YUM! Those sound wonderful. I definitely will try. Battling the sweet tooth and those snack hunger pains is the hardest for me

No Sprint ad showed up but you always have "emoji" with a number after it after your post. Thinking the smiley face doesn't come through and that possibly does? I noticed it on your posts in the fashionista post too. Just a FYI. Maybe it stands for something I don't know

Debbie

Thanks Debbie the little smiles attached are part of an app on my phone that manages CC, so maybe thats triggering something!!

Sorry about the double posts above for my directions for the bananas, but it had totally disappeared at first when the photograph showed up ugh!! I thought i had to give the directions all over again hahaha!! I'll get the hang of this thing sooner or later

I have lost 10 lbs in a about a month with diet an exercise. I would love to lose another 20 or 30 lbs to get down to 120-110lbs. I bought a fitbit, I walk at least 6 miles a day, and I am eating healthier...but definitely need a buddy because no one I know is dieting and exercising right now. I also Zumba which I love

Welcome Aubrey!! youre more than welcome to join us !! I'm Lizz , and Debbie is also active on here for now, we are holding each other up! Good job on the 10 pounds in a month that's perfect!!!! If you can do that you can lose the rest, sounds like your doing it the right way! Stick here with us.. I'm sort of a unique situation as my weight is at a normal-thin range, I'm not allowed to eat anything ( long-standing belly illness) so I know only healthy foods... In the last two years I've gotten kind of creative with them and make them yummy and I try to share them here! I CANT excercise because of a severely fused spine, so again, I am creative in my being positive, staying relatively in shape anyway, and love to be there for anyone else that is struggling with ANYTHING. I care... you can DO IT!!! [emoji2][emoji108]

Thanks Debbie the little smiles attached are part of an app on my phone that manages CC, so maybe thats triggering something!!

Sorry about the double posts above for my directions for the bananas, but it had totally disappeared at first when the photograph showed up ugh!! I thought i had to give the

directions all over again hahaha!! I'll get the hang of this thing sooner or later

No problem on double post. I do not see the smiley faces on my phone so not sure it's not working for just me or everyone sees the emoji and not smiley.

Debbie

Hello Aubrey. Welcome!!!

Great job on the weight loss. That is outstanding!!

I have heard lots on the fitbit lately. I need to check and see what they do. I walk as well daily but only about 3 miles Good going on the 6 miles

Glad to have you posting

Debbie

Hello Aubrey. Welcome!!!

Great job on the weight loss. That is outstanding!!

I have heard lots on the fitbit lately. I need to check and see what they do. I walk as well daily but only about 3 miles Good going on the 6 miles

Glad to have you posting

Debbie

My best day with fitbit I walked 11 miles but I have been slacking lately and need motivators! I have to exercise because I love food too much! My diet has been consisting of salad, the occasional pasta dish, frozen fruit treats, thin bagels in the morning, and my latest obsession is the life bites snacks at Walmart! I can eat 27chips for 130cals and they taste oh so good

Welcome Aubrey!! youre more than welcome to join us !! I'm Lizz , and Debbie is also active on here for now, we are holding each other up! Good job on the 10 pounds in a month that's perfect!!!! If you can do that you can lose the rest, sounds like your doing it the right way! Stick here with us.. I'm sort of a unique situation as my weight is at a normal-thin range, I'm not allowed to eat anything ( long-standing belly illness) so I know only healthy foods... In the last two years I've gotten kind of creative with them and make them yummy and I try to share them here! I CANT excercise because of a severely fused spine, so again, I am creative in my being positive, staying relatively in shape anyway, and love to be there for anyone else that is struggling with ANYTHING. I care... you can DO IT!!! [emoji2][emoji108]

Thanks for the warm welcome! Food is definitely my weakness as I loooove to eat so when I can't and can only eat certain things its definitely a downer. I have 1 month before my cruise and I'd love to lose another 5 lbs! And the sad thing is, I have to exercise on my upcoming cruise because my sister is getting married in late September so I have to look good in my bridesmaid dress. Oh and did I mention I work at a restaurant....talk about temptation...

Lizz just posted a frozen banana treat that sounds yummy

The bites from Walmart must be good as well. Don't think I have ever seen them. What brand ?

Debbie

Life choice I think. They are by the riceckes and they are only sold at Walmart. 2.50 a bag and maybe 5 serv per bag.

Morning you guys!!! How did everybody come through the weekend?! I hope the weather was good where you were and you had some beautiful long walks!!

I got on my scale and I'm down 2 lbs! I think it's from cutting out honey with my coffee every morning (I drink a lot, the honey was adding up I think! Lol) and cutting my Peanut butter n banana pig outs to just every OTHER day, instead of every day.

Amazing how rearranging what you do to healthier portions can show results so fast... 143 down to 141.... heading back to 137. My spine will thank me lol. (We're having some nasty cold weather right now, MAN it hurts!!!! It's July, I don't get it, as I write it's 49 degrees outside! Lol!!)

Have a great day, hope all is well!!!

Morning you guys!!! How did everybody come through the weekend?! I hope the weather was good where you were and you had some beautiful long walks!!

I got on my scale and I'm down 2 lbs! I think it's from cutting out honey with my coffee every morning (I drink a lot, the honey was adding up I think! Lol) and cutting my Peanut butter n banana pig outs to just every OTHER day, instead of every day.

Amazing how rearranging what you do to healthier portions can show results so fast... 143 down to 141.... heading back to 137. My spine will thank me lol. (We're having some nasty cold weather right now, MAN it hurts!!!! It's July, I don't get it, as I write it's 49 degrees outside! Lol!!)

Have a great day, hope all is well!!!

That's awesome! I am up a lb for some reason so really gonna try to walk extra today and to eat super healthy and low carb. I walked 8.5 miles yesterday I would love to get to 10 miles everyday