Tyrone Griffith - Anyone use him recently?

CRUSINGFAMILY

I have been in contact with Tyrone for our Feb. visit on the Celebrity Equinox. Just curious what type of van/vehicle he uses. We are a party of 8 and he said he has another couple booked for that day for a total of 10. I have been on some really bad vehicles on tours on the islands. Any photos?

• 2 weeks later...
I have been in contact with Tyrone for our Feb. visit on the Celebrity Equinox. Just curious what type of van/vehicle he uses. We are a party of 8 and he said he has another couple booked for that day for a total of 10. I have been on some really bad vehicles on tours on the islands. Any photos?

He just emailed me and quoted $40/person. He said it is not a luxury vehicle, but does have air conditioning. Hope this helps!

He just emailed me and quoted $40/person. He said it is not a luxury vehicle, but does have air conditioning. Hope this helps!

Here's a photo of Tyrone's van (Jan 2014) and one of Tyrone and I.

I tried to attach to this post but it failed so using this dropbox link

He's an amazing guy and really cares about folks. If any of you are going with him, please send regards from Steve in Philadelphia.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i23h8ylun2nm37y/AAAOlAYXCxcZClYl3jOfulIra?dl=0

Steve

Here's a photo of Tyrone's van (Jan 2014) and one of Tyrone and I.

I tried to attach to this post but it failed so using this dropbox link

He's an amazing guy and really cares about folks. If any of you are going with him, please send regards from Steve in Philadelphia.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i23h8ylun2nm37y/AAAOlAYXCxcZClYl3jOfulIra?dl=0

Steve

Thanks...will do. Looks like it could be cramped with 10 people.

Thanks...will do. Looks like it could be cramped with 10 people.

He may have a bigger van that he'll lease. I think we had 8 passengers in 3 rows. Someone recently posted that he took a much larger group. You don't want to be in a larger group than 10 though so you are in for a fun tour. Boy, would I love to go back.

BTW, I posted a nice Youtube of our tour. I know I posted a link to it earlier in this thread. Any, Tyrone is an independent - very good speaker in English. Yiu can hear him in my video. And I was thrilled to discover him.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me of their experience using Tyrone when you are combined with another group?

I contacted Tyrone about a tour in February for our family of 5. He said he'd love to, but he wanted to let me know he already has a couple booked that day, so we'd be combined with them. I'm just a little worried that it might be a little awkward, trying to accommodate a couple along with a family with small kids. We want to get a general tour and learn a bit about the island/culture, also do Rum tour, and then have some beach time. What if the other couple has completely different things that they want to do?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

Can anyone tell me of their experience using Tyrone when you are combined with another group?

I contacted Tyrone about a tour in February for our family of 5. He said he'd love to, but he wanted to let me know he already has a couple booked that day, so we'd be combined with them. I'm just a little worried that it might be a little awkward, trying to accommodate a couple along with a family with small kids. We want to get a general tour and learn a bit about the island/culture, also do Rum tour, and then have some beach time. What if the other couple has completely different things that they want to do?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

First of all...I thought Tyrone and his tour were amazing...That being said though, the tour consisted of lots of churches and narration/driving w/scenic stops.

The kids would like the beach of course, but I think the touring part would bore them quickly and they may get "antsy".

First of all...I thought Tyrone and his tour were amazing...That being said though, the tour consisted of lots of churches and narration/driving w/scenic stops.

The kids would like the beach of course, but I think the touring part would bore them quickly and they may get "antsy".

I have to agree with tbmrt. The tour is long - it's 4 hours and he's so interesting that yiu don't want it to end. So I wouldn't really recommend if for very young kids - even if yu booked it for just you.) I put together a group of - I think 6 or 8 - on Cruise Critic and we let Tyrone decide the route. He's experienced and did it. So, you didn't state the age of your "small kids" but I'd suggest either a brief short tour - you could hire a cab when in - stay cloer to the port at the beach. Just my opinion

Steve (Tyrone's #1 fan!":))

Thanks! My kids are 11, 10, and 4...so I'm thinking we'll hold off on touring with Tyrone for now, and probably just head to the beach! (Although we will need to stop by Mount Gay Rum, but I'm sure we can just grab a taxi). :)

The 10 and 11 year old would enjoy but I think it's too long for the 4 year old.

We were there on a Sunday. If yiu are, know that the Rum Factory is closed.:(. So we missed it. This cruise - next week- we are in Costa Rica on a Sunday so we'll miss the Pianaple tour. Dole is closed!:(

Steve

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that we toured with Tyrone while in Barbados on the Celebrity Equinox on 2/18/15. He met us outside the pier (took a few minutes to find him) and we were off. We had 10 in a van (8 in our group plus another couple). Really good tour and Tyrone is a pleasure. He is a retired police officer and loves his island. We stopped briefly at a really nice beach/park so he could get some Rum Punch and banana's in case we saw monkeys. Actually bought a bowl that was made at a stand there. It was soon after while in the area of the golf club we saw 3 monkeys and fed them the bananas. We proceeded up the Caribbean side, then had a marvelous stop with fantastic views at a high point on the island of the Atlantic side. Stopped several times for views/bathrooms and had a great tour.

At then end he dropped 4 who wanted to go to the beach off and brought the rest of us to the port. He then returned an hour later to pick up those from the beach. I would highly recommend Tyrone. At $40 per person for 4+ hours it was a much better deal than ship excursions and he is very flexible in where you go.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we toured with Tyrone while in Barbados on the Celebrity Equinox on 2/18/15. .

Sounds l.ike the same great tour we had. Yep! The monkeys love the Golf Club! I can't recommend Tyrone enough.

BTW, we were on Equinox in January for the Untimate Caribbean itinerary (Panama, Belize,Costa Rica, Grand Cayman, Cartagena and Cozumel. I found guides similar to Tyrone in those ports. I loved the Equinox and would do the "Ultimate" again in a minute. (Or Barbados cruise in 2014 was on RCI)

Steve

We may try the 11-night Equinox next year. A nice itinerary. Thanks for your info on Tyrone...highly recommended.

It's really great. And I can give you names of best private tours - trust me, I researched. Be aware that the Equinox itinerary really sells out early. They only do in January and Matrch - once each time.

Steve