Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Has anyone seen photos of L108 or L107? I have just changed to L108 for my cruise next year after seeing the M107 photos and it appears the similar staterooms on Lido are substantially larger. Great to see some photos starting to be posted. Thanks.

Where are these photos? How are you able to tell that L107/108 are substantially larger than M107/108? Please do share the link. The balcony space on Marina deck (the space over the bridge wings) is huge! It would be very windy while underway, but that is a lot of private balcony space. From looking at the deck plans, L107/108 seem to be nearly the same size at M107/108. Please do share! Thanks!!

Where are these photos? How are you able to tell that L107/108 are substantially larger than M107/108? Please do share the link. The balcony space on Marina deck (the space over the bridge wings) is huge! It would be very windy while underway, but that is a lot of private balcony space. From looking at the deck plans, L107/108 seem to be nearly the same size at M107/108. Please do share! Thanks!!

Go to page 32 of this thread. "Christine" supplied the link to the photos. I would but I don't know how to do it. The photos reflect a two room cabin (a sitting room and a separate bedroom) and the huge balcony!

Go to page 32 of this thread. "Christine" supplied the link to the photos. I would but I don't know how to do it. The photos reflect a two room cabin (a sitting room and a separate bedroom) and the huge balcony!

When you go into the Princess website the description of L107/L108 states the the total area is 676 sq ft including a balcony of 76 sq ft. M107/108 is described as a total area of 483 sq ft including a balcony of 144 sq ft. These staterooms are classified mini suites and are cheaper than the premium mini suites next door which have restricted access to the balconies during sea days and are smaller. As we are going on a Baltic cruise the size of the balcony doesn't worry us. We are really happy to have a stateroom which is double the size of most others. The Princess Rep I spoke to didn't understand it either. I can't wait to see some photos. Anne

Can you reference a post number? Page numbers don't mean much when we all customize Cruise Critic to show a set number of posts per page. For instance, your post is on page 18 of this thread on my ipad Mini.

Lew

9053425766_c9941ce575_c.jpg

This really is a wonderful photo. However, I wonder how long it will be before someone is overheard telling off another someone to "get off my ledge". In the photo, the lady is resting upon one of the few places surrounding the pool which are available to sit. Unfortunately, I have come across quite a few people on cruises who would expect that the ledges surrounding the cabanas "belong" to each cabana. It looks like there can be potential conflicts since these ledges are the only place directly around the pool to rest -- yet, they encroach upon the "exclusive" area of the cabanas. Maybe I am jaded, but I have lived too long in New York to not expect that some lively discussions will take place over who the ledges belong to in these areas...

I was the person who posed this problem on Dave's thread.

The curtains are inside the cabana.

We are NOT from New York but if the curtains were pulled shut that ledge does look like public space to me.

If they were tied open and someone was inside the cabana, I probably wouldn't sit on the ledge, but again, we're midwesterners.

Just to be clear, what I'm referring to as the ledge is the place where the woman in the picture above is sitting. The area in front of the cabana in the inch of water is definitely public space!

Tough choice - risking noro virus or risking a fall...

Great minds think a like. Just want too add risk falling and taking the passengers walking in front of you down as well. If you really want to catch someone's illness just stand in the crowded lifts midship with someone coughing or sneezing.

. If you really want to catch someone's illness just stand in the crowded lifts midship with someone coughing or sneezing.

There we go, an excellent way of losing weight on board:) always take the stairs and the walk along decks to other stairs gives us lots of exercise LOL

Hi Shogun - apparently the cruise lines don't consider inaugural as a big deal. We were on the inaugural transatlantic last November on the new Celebrity Reflection (a gorgeous ship by the way with large staterooms, balconies, and huge bathrooms and showers - 13 nights high end reg veranda with military price of $1099)) and they didn't do anything either and when speaking to passengers who had been on her very first true inaugural cruse, they didn't do anything special then either. You would think the drink glasses you can buy would have something printed on them or some little souvenir.

We appreciate your posts and info you are providing. On the refurbished Grand (hi Pia - remember me cruisequeengoddess from Gainesville?) they removed the central stars and they were missed. It does cause some congestion on those central elevators. I always loved taking the stars up to the pool deck. Got my stairmaster in that way.

I also appreciated the info on cabin E403. We are currently booked into E409 which has the larger funky angled balcony. I was hoping we didn't have lifeboats right under us and we apparently don't. I still think almost $1300 for 7 nights in the Caribbean on Emerald deck for partial obstruction is high and am hoping prices will drop before final payment in November. We didn't pay that much for 7 nights same month for a Caribe deck veranda to the Caribbean.

Hope you are having - or had a great cruise. We are avoiding Europe for a bit - especially with all of the unrest and monetary craziness. Don't even want to tell ya what we lost - on paper - last week when the stock market corrected downward for almost 600 points. Cuts into my cruise money! Hope to do a river cruise in the near future, but those have been cancelled on the Danube this month due to horrible flooding. Mother Nature is having a tantrum all over the world!

Anyway - have really enjoyed you and Dave on the CC roll calls.

Have a great day. Barb from sunny, hot and unbearably humid Gainesville, Florida. Go Gators!

Hi There l like the beds they have a foam topping they are firm but not hard

Pillows are good sized but to soft for me like wearing ear muffs as it wraps around your head but still OK or has it been the drink to much food and crawling to bed at 3.00 am that means l am sleeping OK

Muster starting then in will be the Love Boat on the horns

Nothing inside the ship to say maiden sailing no balloons streamers etc which l think is a shame

Would have loved a big party in the atrium

Yours Shogun

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If there are no maiden special gifts then there are a whole set of Royal Princess Inaugural Season gifts you can find in the shop on board. Polo shirts, t-shirts, tote bags, pens, engraved glass, wooden clock things, mugs, key rings, etc. I bought mum a lovely stripey blue and white tote bag and my dad a t-shirt as thanks for looking after our cat on our preview cruise weekend.

well home now from royal maiden voyage .

met diprincess (was nice meeting you )

first impression and feeling she is amazing .

folks will either like or dislike her .

found a nice little spot on prom deck right at the back edge a little sun trap .

found some old friends from the crown princess in oct

i will sail on her again .

:D

we heard folks complain geez you cant please everyone but to please a lot is good

Hi All

still trying to get home now in London another 4 hrs before tomorrow before l collect Shogun

Wonder what the new folks think of the Royal she will have 900 more folk on her unable to post from lap top so pics and more tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

On our last cruise (Ruby) we stayed in a mini-suite that had a completely uncovered balcony that could be seen from above. It never bothered me. But then we usually don't do anything naughty outside. <g>

My attitude was "Let them eat their hearts out."

We had an uncovered mini on the Ruby, and while my DH was at the balcony, somebody above us, decided to relieve their nasal secretions that happened to land on my DH's shoulder. :mad: Disgusting. I'll never book an uncovered balcony again.

Hi All

Well back home just had a quick look around to see what you guys have been chatting about, and why so much negative posts about the Royal.

Last I checked Princess was not forcing anyone to cruise on her, OK

I would like her to have this or that, but I am still looking forward

to my next cruise on her.

copy of lost post below

Hi All

Sitting in Barcelona airport, last time here we stayed on the ship then a small group of us got off at 3.oopm the last to leave the ship, today Customer Services Director wanted all passengers off by 10.00am. he sets the rules so not much we can do about it.

There were three ships in port this morning the Epic the Liberty of the Seas and us, it looked like every taxi in Spain had lined up this morning in the docks,

We took the Princess transfer to the airport quick no hassel our bags were removed from the bus and taken into the terminal for use reason being they thought it unsafe for us to cross the busy road with luggage in tow.

Inside loads of Princess reps 900 more passengers this cruise than last, on our cruise we thought ship worked well with the number onboard, we will need to see what reports we get from the ship.

At IC you could always get a seat even if you had to go to Vines with Crown grill selling out last week I can see dine line being very busy,

The upper decks on our sea day were busy but the ship had some space, but I would guess not for 900.

As to the fountains during the day they are on some of the time, they are at a lower level so kids can play in them, at night they are chained of and the big jets are turned on,

So my overall view, she is a Princess ship and fill fit right into the fleet, would I pick her over another ship, no, the cruise its self will decide what ship I go on.

Would I book the Regal maiden no, unless it was special, you see in the run up Princess had said this cruise would be, it was not,

Check in just like any other check in, they could have had a few posters or something to say welcome to the maiden cruise.

The sailaway dock side the same zero, now think of the naming ceremony, flash well produced etc.

Well once onboard things would be different, no nothing no decorations, sail away party the band played over the Love Boat Horns, no first night speech from the Captain, not even a pre recorded message on the cabin TV, remember the big bosses were onboard and she has her on TV studio.

This was a good cruise, but it was like any other cruise so why book a maiden,

The highlights of the cruise were realy down to great evenings spent with my fellow passengers or meeting up with so many crew from past cruises even meeting up with Princess Captains .

Not sure if I told you but one captain bought a round of drinks, and signed for them and glanced at the receipt, and let out a yell how much, never seen passenger prices before, chatting to them I found it strange how much our world of the passenger and theirs of sailing the ship did not over lap.

The Chefs table was very nice but not outstanding. Happy I have done it, the setting, the food, the drama are all first class, but its not the chefs table of old its the new Royal chefs table, so its much like the Royal its self its a Princess product, but one that has grown and developed to meet todays market, which means Princess old sea dogs may also need to change,

The dancing fountains and other new features nice but not enough for me to book Royal because she is the Royal.

If you are going on the Royal book her before thy break the crew up to send half to th Regal,

Just now she must have one of the finest crews afloat if not the best.

If folks have questions will try and assist.

Will post pics later

Yours Shogun

Hi There

Crab shack was not open much did see it in the patter once saying to book had a cover charge of around $20 but will try and find patter for you.

the cost of sea food at the sea food bar was very high.

yours Shogun

Archived