Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

The enclave was limited to 40 per cruise. We used it early after breakfast and when finished ashore. Never more than 6 others in it. No problems getting a stone bed although only 2 hot water beds .

Steam a d sauna rooms were great and you can buy a jar of scrub for $9 which does 4 times.

Hydro pool was warm and the back massager shower on the left is more powerful

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What was the pricing for the Enclave? I can't seen to remember.....

Bob

Swiss Dave

Your cabin is still the tidiest I have ever seen .....

When I'm on a ship I like to be tidy, I'm sure the steward doesn't want to see my dirty pants lying around :)

If you saw my appartment sometimes you wouldnt think I was the same person!

Hi Dave

See you made it home safe, hope we can cruise together again,

there is nothing wrong with your memory, its more to do with sitting in club 6, at 2 or 3am with bad company drinking to much, :D

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun

It was a good time, I think it was sitting in there until 2.30 in the morning that has done my memory in :)

Sorry I didn't get the chance to say goodbye properly, but I also hope we will cruise together again.

My regards to Mrs Shogun.

Ack, not great news for non-smokers - that was our favourite spot on the preview cruise.

The port side and all along the back rail are non smoking, its only a small part of the starboard side:

This is the whole smoking area:

Royal390_zps4658139f.jpg

Turning the other way, the gap in the tables indicates where smoking area ends

Royal391_zps01bd3a1e.jpg

Swiss Dave, thanks for the review. It's pretty informative.

Umberts Mom, I'm a guy and will book the Enclave on our two sea days. I love the hydrotherapy pools. Was the hydro pool crowded? Were there waits for the hot stone beds?

A couple of things of note. I probably wouldn't pay $20 for Crab Shack. It's probably not fresh seafood. However, Alfredo's at $0 is a place I will visit for dinner after a rough day touring. Fondue does nothing for me, but maybe others will enjoy. Ocean Terrace is a strong possbility. Hopefully, we'll see more reviews of these venues.

I read that on some nights BBQ is offered at the grill. Has anyone tried it and if so how was it?

I read that on some nights BBQ is offered at the grill. Has anyone tried it and if so how was it?

Yes, I tried the route 66 chilli one night, and the pulled pork another. While perfectly edible and tasty I would not go out of my way again to have them as it was nothing 'special'. They also served those 2 items in the Horizon court a few times. Did not try the other things like the ribs - and I didn't get a picture of the menu for the other items.

The BBQ items are available every night after 6.30pm.

The enclave was limited to 40 per cruise. We used it early after breakfast and when finished ashore. Never more than 6 others in it. No problems getting a stone bed although only 2 hot water beds .

Steam a d sauna rooms were great and you can buy a jar of scrub for $9 which does 4 times.

Hydro pool was warm and the back massager shower on the left is more powerful

Thanks, I am also referencing your post about $149 for 7 days. We have an 11-day cruise and I'm expecting $225 or more. I had heard it was just $39 per day. If it's possible to book by the day, I would just book sea days. I'll have to follow this more as other reviews come in.

The port side of outriggers bar

Royal396_zpsee5424e3.jpg

Also on that side is this:

Royal395_zps6eecbc05.jpg

And on the 'smoking side':

Prize of a years free subscription to Cruise Critic to the first person who spots the mistake

Royal392_zps8a524bc4.jpg

Along the back rail:

Royal393_zps3e172ad6.jpg

the bar it'self

Royal394_zpse8fa74da.jpg

Archived