Sun

mrsp

I believe the East Meets West also has the steakhouse menu. Rumor had it that they were going to close East Meets West and replace it with a Cagney's Steakhouse, but when we were on earlier this year they were just offering both menus.

I believe the East Meets West also has the steakhouse menu. Rumor had it that they were going to close East Meets West and replace it with a Cagney's Steakhouse, but when we were on earlier this year they were just offering both menus.

Perhaps they'll replace it during her drydock in April.

MRSP, we loved Le Bistro and Il Adagio and can hardly wait to try them again.

Adele

Last week on the Sun, it was still called "East Meets West" but had the Cagney's menu (didn't say Cagney's on it, I just recognized it from reading CruiseCritic boards). Cover charge of $20 at East Meets West except for featured specials ($25). You could also have "pick your own live cold water lobster". We ended up choosing LeBistro again and didn't dine at East Meets West.

I'm so happy to hear that. We are planning on the Sun in December, and one of the only draw backs to it was that it did not have the Steak House (we loved both the Star & Spirit steak house). My BF will be excited when I tell him that!

Included Restaurants (no surcharge)

Four Seasons: Traditional

Seven Seas: Traditional

Las Ramblas: Tapas

Pacific Heights: Cooking Light

Garden Cafe: Buffet

Great Outdoor Cafe: Outdoor Buffet

We loved our cruise on the Sun. We ate in the main dining rooms for dinner (4 Seasons & Seven Seas) and enjoyed a snack in Las Ramblas. I enjoyed the food very much, especially the desserts.:)

CRUISE MORE OFTEN: do you have the exact dates of the SUN's drydock??? And' date=' where?

(sorry to be off-topic with this ... just can't any other reference to this anywhere else....):)

Thanks ...

~dianne[/quote']

Here is all I know from the NCL Press release.

http://www.ncl.com/news/pr/pr031605b.htm

"Norwegian Sun’s artwork in April 2006 after her dry dock"

I searched intineraries for April 06 and no week is missing. The date remains a mystery

CRUISE MORE OFTEN: do you have the exact dates of the SUN's drydock??? And' date=' where?

(sorry to be off-topic with this ... just can't any other reference to this anywhere else....):)

Thanks ...

~dianne[/quote']

Ah, 'tis a mystery. Someone on another thread mentioned a November drydock, but I just searched November, and all weeks seem to be accounted for.

I just hope she'll have the new logo on her hull when we sail her next May. As long as we get to eat steak off the Cagney's menu, they can call the restaurant anything they want!

Shoreguy, we're in an aft mini-suite this cruise. We're planning to stay put, even if we're offered an upsell (unless it's an aft AC). :)

Adele

Shoreguy, we're in an aft mini-suite this cruise. We're planning to stay put, even if we're offered an upsell (unless it's an aft AC). :)

Adele

Good decision :) But I am glad I got to cruise in that AD. Now I have to book the Sun again for that aft cabin. :rolleyes:

The Sun is supposed to go in drydock after she completes her scheduled New Orleans sailings, the last of which is scheduled for April 16th, 2006.

That would return on the 23rd the day the canal cruise is scheduled to depart :mad:

The curse of the canal may still be alive :eek:

Okay ... I've been thru this a time OR TWO before!:eek: I looked at the SUN's itinerary also and found no "holes". I'm not panicking! Geeeezzzzzzz........

SHOREGUY: curse? what curse???

Should I give up and go somewhere else???? :o

~D

Look the Sun has to get from NOLA to Vancouver sometime.

ShoreGuy: that's funny ... :) I saw your post before you edited it! HA! :D Sir Andy was sooo good to us ... getting us on the SUN thru the canal ... you don't s'pose he knew, do ya???? Oh, well ... I reeeally want to go thru the Canal ... and I reeeally want the SUN to be all painted and purdy ... so, it better be doing a quick Maaco paint job during the night before we get on it ... or somethin'!

This will be fun to watch ....

~D

ShoreGuy: that's funny ... :) I saw your post before you edited it! HA! :D Sir Andy was sooo good to us ... getting us on the SUN thru the canal ... you don't s'pose he knew' date=' do ya???? Oh, well ... I reeeally want to go thru the Canal ... and I reeeally want the SUN to be all painted and purdy ... so, it better be doing a quick Maaco paint job during the night before we get on it ... or somethin'!

This will be fun to watch ....

~D[/quote']

I did not want to scare the other passengers :eek:

sun_72.jpg.f115e04c9da726fba58add4423f3f248.jpg

I think this would be a good time to ask a question I've been wondering about.

Do Four Seasons and Seven Seas serve the same food!!?? On our Sky cruise in 2003 (our first and only time on a ship that had both these restaurants) I decided that they just needed two restaurants to accommodate all the passengers and that there was no difference, especially since it appears that food for both comes out of the same kitchen! Then I read on this site that though the menus looked the same, the preparation was different, one being traditional and, well, whatever the other one word description was.

The reason that I am so curious is that on the evenings we ate at Seven Seas, we thought the food was quite good. Not so for the night or two we ate at Four Seasons. I thought it was just our selections and that we'd have felt the same had we chosen SS. But maybe not.

We'll be on the Sun in December and if I can be sure one way or another, we will be sure to dine at Seven Seas over the other. One other observation, Seven Seas always seemed more crowded which I thought might be due to it's location, but I might be wrong again!!

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions!!

Dianne: We'll be getting on her in San Francisco as you get off, so she'd better make it thru the Canal! :D

I noticed you're from Central California. Whereabouts?

Adele

AND ... they'd better not shorten our 17 day cruise!!;)

We live in Kingsburg ... just south of Fresno ... hot, Hot, HOT! I was born and raised in Los Gatos, tho ... about a nickzillion years ago...:o

~D

Do Four Seasons and Seven Seas serve the same food!!??

We believe the menus were the same last week. One night when it was a 20-min wait for a table for four (Seven Seas) they happily called over to Four Seasons to see what the wait was there. It was the same, so we just sat in the chairs in the Seven Seas atrium.

The menus are basically the same but there will be some differences each evening. You can ask to see all the menus for the cruise at the Sports Bar and I think they may also have examination copies at the reception desk. We ate at both on the 17 day Canal trip and there was no big difference in quality.

Thanks all. Checking the menus out and comparing them is a good idea. If there is any difference in a particular dish, surely the fine print description will tell the tale. I will make like Sherlock Holmes in December and report back!!

On our Sky cruise we had an aft cabin and Seven Seas was the easiest to get to. Once or twice, the lobby was packed though and so we just headed for Four Seasons and waltzed right in. On our upcoming Sun cruise we are forward on the same deck as Four Seasons and it would certainly be convenient for us to dine there. Which brought me to my question.

I think all cruises/cruiselines bring certain dishes to mind. When I think of NCL and food, I remember the pasta with white clam sauce that I had on both the Sea and the Sky and which was excellent both times. I think I was so impressed because I like to make it and have not even come close to theirs! And being a big fan of bread pudding, I would rate NCL's among the best. They have it on one lunch menu and one dinner menu...each was a little different but very, very good. Hmmm, thinking back to our other cruiselines experiences, the food was all okay but no one dish comes to mind. Makes me want to say for NCL that 'when they were good, they were very very good, and when they were bad they were horrid'!! (Can I quote Mother Goose?)

Thanks again for your replies!!

Archived