Young 40 something's and The Reflection

Noblarneyimirish

Hi,

We are a group of young at heart and active 40 something's. We have only sailed Royal Carribean and love all the different activities and nightlife. Will The Reflection be a good fit for us?

We are just a little bit older than you and sailed on Reflection in April with another couple your age. We all loved it and booked the same cruise again for next year. We have actually sailed Celebrity 7 or 8 times. We have also sailed RCCL, Princess and Disney. Celebrity remains our favorite.

If you want a nice relaxed atmosphere without smoke, it will be a good fit.

What is night life?

Does the lounge have to be jammed packed?

Does the dance floor have to be so crowded that you can't move?

X has everything that the other ships have except for the carnival atmosphere. No gimmicks, no special features. A nice experience for adults that want to be treated like adults instead on trying to relive their younger years or want to act out of control.

No belly flop contest, stuff the bikini, or hairy chest but there are activities. Enough to make you have to choose on what to participate in or choose to attend.

Great food, great drinks, nice selection and variety of entertainment.

If you are a smoker you will not like it as smoking is very limited to designated outside areas.

Contrary to belief it is not full passengers with one foot in grave and the other slipping fast. The crowd may be older than Carnival and RCCL but that is what makes it what it is. A nice atmosphere to get away and enjoy yourself as an adult. If you feel that you need to entertained all day and constantly reminded what to do and when to do it than X is not for you.

Have talked to many younger couples and they really enjoyed sailing on X. Not one said they wouldn't do it again and many enjoyed it so much that they booked another while on board. If you are sailing with children then it may not be that great because it doesn't have all the fun stuff that kids like.

When I see someone say they are "young at heart", for some reason

I think of Senior Citizens.....not 40 year olds.

Maybe it is just me though.:eek:

I am in my mid 50s....been sailing with Celebrity for 10 years and love

their product. Alot of people think it is "boring"......I think of it is as being

laid back and relaxed and I always enjoy my cruises:)

We are your age and sailed in April and LOVED it! Plenty to do, great people to meet! Our sailing had many that had booked the 123 promo for the free beverage package and I think that livened it up a bit, but no obnoxious behavior type drunks(Carnival) that we saw. They are offering the same deal currently if you book before June 19, so book and enjoy!

When I see someone say they are "young at heart", for some reason

I think of Senior Citizens.....not 40 year olds.

Maybe it is just me though.:eek:

I am in my mid 50s....been sailing with Celebrity for 10 years and love

their product. Alot of people think it is "boring"......I think of it is as being

laid back and relaxed and I always enjoy my cruises:)

Well, guess when I say young at heart I mean I feel nowhere near my 42 years. I seem to think I'm still 25 :). Thanks for your feedback.

Well, guess when I say young at heart I mean I feel nowhere near my 42 years. I seem to think I'm still 25 :). Thanks for your feedback.

Well, if you are like me then you will feel 25 for another 18 years.

Now, I am saying 60 and thereafter are the new thirties:D

If you want a nice relaxed atmosphere without smoke, it will be a good fit.

DW and I are Elite members and are both in our early 40s.

I agreed with much of what you said, but the smoking bit is wrong - the back of the ship, which is the best lounging area stinks of smoke at all times.

And to the OP - I can't say whether it would be a good fit, but there isn't much to do. We like the classy experience, but apart from some average lounge singers the evening entertainment is pretty poor.

We make our own fun, and you will have to as well.

Archived