Dream Magic Breeze

Bases5

I have been on the Dream. The Magic and Breeze have a ropes course, Dream does not. There are more lifeboats on Dream than there are Magic and Breeze(there's are larger and can hold more people). Also, the decor and theme are different. Breeze is more tropical like, I'm not sure about Magic, and I can't remember what the Dreams was. You can also look at people's reviews that they have done and see how they are different.

Hope this helps.

The Magic & the Breeze both have the Red Frog Pub that the Dream does not have. If that is something that is of interest to you!

Joanne

Sorry to disagree but the DREAM also has the RedFrog Rum Bar. It also has the BlueIguana Tequila Bar.

There are quite a few differences among the ships, other than the different decor. Only Breeze has the 5D theater (extra cost), Guys burgers, & Blue Iguana cantina. Breeze has a much more subdued decor, and they have more walls set up around the lido buffet areas, creating more traffic jams.

Breeze & Magic have a slightly different waterpark. Dream has a set of one-story racer slides that the other 2 don't have, while the other 2 ships have a larger splash area plus a dump bucket. Dream does not have the ropes course, the extra pay Italian restaurant for dinner, or the Red Frog Pub. Yes, they have the Red Frog Bar on lido deck, but Dream does not have the Red Frog Pub down on Deck 5 like the other 2 ships have. I got almost no use out of it, but others liked the drinking & paying extra for food in there.

Dream has 2 hot tubs on deck 11, but Magic & Breeze have nothing in those spots. Dream has a larger mini golf course. Plus, Dream has more public space and carries fewer guests. Explanation: Dream has their basketball court on Deck 14 aft. The other 2 ships do not even have a deck 14 aft. Magic & Breeze dropped the basketball court down one level, and moved the steakhouse to a much less desirable location: down on deck 5 aft. Not nearly as nice of a place, plus it's much smaller, and it eliminated a nighttime venue that Dream has. Plus, it shrunk the comedy club. So the very crowded comedy club is larger on Dream.

The pool area on Magic & Breeze is designed different. I prefer Dream's setup there. Dream has much more devotion to providing good entertainment, while entertainment on Breeze would need to be a non-factor. Magic has a great magic show, and the rest of their shows are okay. For me personally, I would take the Dream in a heartbeat over any other Carnival ship. Magic was good, but I would not recommend Breeze to anyone who wants good entertainment for their cruise.

Sorry to disagree but the DREAM also has the RedFrog Rum Bar. It also has the BlueIguana Tequila Bar.

Yes, it does have the Bars on lido deck, but it does not have the Red Frog Pub on Deck 5. I spent the majority of my time listening to the soloist in there.

Joanne

Not the same at all. We spent a lot of time in the pub on Magic. Love that place.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So disappointed! I'll be on the Magic in 20 days and for some reason thought that the Magic had Guys Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana! I was looking forward to both of those! Well, boo! Now I'm going to have to book another cruise! :)

All 3 ships are of the Dream Class. When the Dream first sailed there were a lot of complaints. Many of those were fixed with the Magic and even more on the Breeze. About the time the Magic was being completed Fun Ship 2.0 was released and many of those features were incorporated into the Magic. Even more of them were added to the Breeze, but not all to either. The Dream has been back to the dry docks to have the Fun Ship 2.0 stuff added. This is a basic explanation, without the details of what is on each ship. You can look that up, if you wish.

We were on the Dream pre-2.0 and were not happy with the public areas. We spent 27 days on the Breeze in Oct/Nov 2012 and really loved the updates from the Dream. I personally didn't care for Guy's Burger joint or the Pub food in the Red Frog as both gave me indigestion due to all the grease. Enjoy! John

We have been on Dream and Magic. Our Dream cruise was in 2009, when she was new... We did not like it. We have been on Magic twice, and loved it!! We will be on Breeze in 26 days, so I will let you know. I am sure Dream has improved since '09, but I would still rather have Magic, and possibly Breeze over her any day!! Red Frog Pub is awesome, and we cannot wait to try a Guy's Burger!!:D:D

Archived