23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

The psychology of weight loss is beyond me. Tell me why on the day the scale shows the lowest number in over 6 months, I am having wicked cravings for icing? (I love icing, hold the cake!)

I almost gave in but managed to resist by having a skinny cow frozen yogurt bar instead.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Speaking of icing ... I made a new recipe ... sugar cookie bars and they have icing on them. They were dangerous all weekend but as much as I indulged, I cut very tiny pieces for me to try lol. I am up 2 pounds which is a good thing for me. Unfortunately I have not gotten into any kind of regular exercise regime which is what I need to tone tone tone. Must get cracking on that as the countdown to cruise continues and my flab stays flabby lol.

Never mind, the weight will come off eventually if you keep at it.

CC Name.......Loss (this week)....Total loss (since 1 June 2013)

MicCanberra..........................0.3kg........ ........................2.3Kg(5.1lbs);

RosieCanberra...................... 0.4kg.......... ......................1.6kgs(3.5lbs);

Bagelme...............................0.5lbs...... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

WV4891...............................-0.5lbs....... .. ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Spinnychick..........................-2lbs....... .. ..........................4lbs (1.8kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................3lbs (1.3kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs....... ............................2.6lbs (1.2kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

NZbelle.................................0kg....... .............................0kgs (0lbs);

JWooooo.............................0lbs......... ...........................0lbs (0kgs);

Good luck everyone

cheers mic :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Well I had a bad week of being away for work and as such missing out on getting my exercise in- result equals 1 Kg gain. Rosie did much better and lost 0.6 Kg. I will really need to get into it this week.:D

MicCanberra..........................-1kg........ ........................1.3Kg(2.9lbs);

RosieCanberra...................... 0.6kg.......... ......................2.2kgs(4.9lbs);

Bagelme...............................0lbs...... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Spinnychick..........................0lbs....... .. ..........................4lbs (1.8kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................3lbs (1.3kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs....... ............................2.6lbs (1.2kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone

Edited by MicCanberra

My exercise is great! In fact I upped it to harder intervals. But alas I have not lost any more weight. Stalked at the same number since the start! Dang! I've got to get more motivated food choice wise!

My exercise is great! In fact I upped it to harder intervals. But alas I have not lost any more weight. Stalked at the same number since the start! Dang! I've got to get more motivated food choice wise!

I've bumped up the exercise as well. No difference in weight (I'm following Points Plus on Weight Watchers). But,..... I will say that my clothes are fitting looser, so I'll take it!

No progress this week...went backwards and gained 1 lb. :eek:

Never mind, it happens, I put on 1 kg.:eek:

Well another week, a slightly different result. I lost .5 pound this week.

Time is really getting short and we will be quite busy in August and Septmeber, so got to get crackin'. :)

Keep it up, it all counts and better 0.5 pound than putting on 1kg like I did. I need to get cracking.:D

MicCanberra..........................-1kg........ ........................1.3Kg(2.9lbs);

RosieCanberra...................... 0.6kg.......... ......................2.2kgs(4.9lbs);

Bagelme...............................-1lbs...... .. ..........................10lbs (4.5kgs);

WV4891...............................0.5lbs....... .. ..........................2.5lbs (1.1kgs);

Spinnychick..........................0lbs....... .. ..........................4lbs (1.8kgs);

Good luck everyone

Edited by MicCanberra

I've bumped up the exercise as well. No difference in weight (I'm following Points Plus on Weight Watchers). But,..... I will say that my clothes are fitting looser, so I'll take it!

Don't worry, the work you put in is not always about weight, it is also toning and reducing size. Keep it up.

Bagelme...............................-1lbs...... .. ..........................10lbs (4.5kgs);

WV4891...............................0.5lbs....... .. ..........................2.5lbs (1.1kgs);

Good luck everyone

Edited by MicCanberra

Total loss for me to date is 7 pounds (but keep in mind I don't want to lose lol). I have been on a HUGE recipe kick, signed up for Pinterest and am addicted and am cooking up a storm. Buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwiches were to die for. I am trying to eat lots of proteins and salads and veggies. I do admit, my exercise has gone down the proverbial toilet. I haven't been on the stationary bike for weeks, but am still walking 2 km a day. Need to do floor work and tone up but just procrastinate and get lazy!

Total loss for me to date is 7 pounds (but keep in mind I don't want to lose lol). I have been on a HUGE recipe kick, signed up for Pinterest and am addicted and am cooking up a storm. Buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwiches were to die for. I am trying to eat lots of proteins and salads and veggies. I do admit, my exercise has gone down the proverbial toilet. I haven't been on the stationary bike for weeks, but am still walking 2 km a day. Need to do floor work and tone up but just procrastinate and get lazy!

Never mind, some want to lose and can't, some don't want to lose but do, that is life. Sounds like your eating well perhaps more cake would help with your weight gain:eek:.

Spinnychick..........................1lbs....... .. ..........................7lbs (3.2kgs);

Good luck everyone

I have been on a HUGE recipe kick, signed up for Pinterest and am addicted and am cooking up a storm. Buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwiches were to die for.!

I found you and am following you! How's that for sounding stalkerish?!! ;)

Hope you get your weight loss under control, my brother had that problem for a while and it's a tough battle.

I found you and am following you! How's that for sounding stalkerish?!! ;)

Hope you get your weight loss under control, my brother had that problem for a while and it's a tough battle.

What do you mean by stalking?Found her where?:confused:

Edited by MicCanberra

On Pinterest, you can "follow" people and see what they're pinning. It's very addictive! :)

Ok, sounds like I want to avoid that then, I have far too many addictins already.:eek:

My yo-yo pound is gone again this week. Let's see if it stays away this coming week...:confused: Have another family reunion to go to today. I'm going to try Jose Cuervo's Lite Margarita Mix to avoid additional sugars.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Nice weather here in Chicago after a blistering week.

Pat :)

My yo-yo pound is gone again this week. Let's see if it stays away this coming week...:confused: Have another family reunion to go to today. I'm going to try Jose Cuervo's Lite Margarita Mix to avoid additional sugars.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Nice weather here in Chicago after a blistering week.

Pat :)

At least it is not continually gaining, be strong this weak, I know you can do it.:D

I have had a good week again 0.8kgs and another belt notch.:D

Rosie is continuing with her excellent losses with another 0.7kgs.:D

MicCanberra..........................0.8kg........ ........................2.1Kg(4.6lbs);

RosieCanberra...................... 0.7kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

Bagelme...............................1lbs...... .. ..........................11lbs (5kgs);

Spinnychick..........................1lbs....... .. ..........................7lbs (3.2kgs);

Good luck everyone

Edited by MicCanberra

You guys are doing so well, way to go. I'm kind of stagnating around the 4 lb mark. Can't say I've been trying very hard though, just not eating much junk. Well, except the poutine last week and the big fat club sandwich the other night. :0

I recently started with Pinterest too, and man it is fun. Holy new recipes lately!!

I did some cooking on the weekend as well, both dishes were somewhat "not quite right".

I think I should

• make up my own recipe;
  • follow the proper recipes;
  • measure the ingredients; and
  • not substitute ingredients when I don't have a particular one.

Maybe next time.:D

The scale finally moved this week in the right direction! I show a

loss of 1.8 lbs this week

for a total loss of 4.4 lbs since June 1.

I hate to get caught up with numbers on the scale to measure success, but unfortunately that's how I was raised.

I've been enjoying lots of fresh produce lately. Walking into the backyard and picking ripe figs off the tree for an after dinner treat has been fun. Of course, David has been going a step further by preparing his with rum poured over them and putting the whole thing over vanilla ice cream. So far I've resisted his method....I'm a purist after all.