How many cruisers have multiple cruises currently booked?

B2Bs don't count ...

I have really never been in this position before. I booked Liberty for 2014 Spring Break and my countdown was just under 500 days (yikes!). And I thought that would be my cure for cruise fever ... but it didn't work. I've slipped in a December cruise for later this year.

Since one cruise is with my DD and the other is with my two older kids and all the grandkids, it's a bit dis-orienting. The grandkids ask frequently for the countdown ... and I give them the wrong one. Of course, I quickly revise it, but adding 120+ days to the number is not received very well.;)

We have an Alaska cruise booked for June, 2014. I was surfing the web and found a great price on the AOS in Janaury. After a quick discussion we decided to book. Looking forward to the warm weather in January!!:D

I am not happy unless I have a few lined up! We four on the books now. One in the fall of this year, winter of next year, summer of next year, and winding up with a transatlantic in the fall (2014). I got all the seasons covered. ;) I think I did well because I took advantage of "no deposit" specials so no money is really tied up on anything until final payment.

I suggest the number of people in a public forum devoted to cruising would attract a higher percentage than the population of cruisers in general. With that obvious statement out of the way, we do as well. I would say though that it's at least partially related to being able to plan well in advance. We have a cruise in Spring 2015 already, and are already discussing options for later 2015 and 2016.

We've been booked on a Southern Caribbean cruise in Mar '14 for 4 or 5 months when I came across a dirt cheap, 5 day Carnival cruise to Canada out of Boston so I booked the spur of the moment trip, leaving 2 weeks later. (Ports were great; ship and food was not.) This is honestly the first time we've been booked on 2 at one time.

B2Bs don't count ...

I have really never been in this position before. I booked Liberty for 2014 Spring Break and my countdown was just under 500 days (yikes!). And I thought that would be my cure for cruise fever ... but it didn't work. I've slipped in a December cruise for later this year.

Since one cruise is with my DD and the other is with my two older kids and all the grandkids, it's a bit dis-orienting. The grandkids ask frequently for the countdown ... and I give them the wrong one. Of course, I quickly revise it, but adding 120+ days to the number is not received very well.;)

I've got three cruises booked, and when I go on the second one, I'll book another cruise while on board.

I am likely on the extreme side. At any give time, I have at least 10 cruises booked. When I see a good deal I book it and lock in the price and the room. Then as final payment date gets nearer, I usually get a good idea how my schedule looks like and whether I can make it or not. I cancel when I know for certain I can't make it. Always before final payment day of course. Out of the 10 cruises I currently booked, I will probably cancel at least 5.

Archived