Has anyone used Connect@Sea on the Constellation?

glenv

Hi everyone.

We are cruising in February and my business demands I have access via Internet while I am away. I have used onboard access before on other cruises but see now that I can utilize Century's Connect@Sea and actually use my laptop.

I wondered if any of you have ever used this service where you can access the Internet from your cabin? If yes, how fast is it and did you experience any glitches?

Thanks in advance!

Glen

I just got off the Infinity and the internet is fine. It is expensive but works most of the time. THere are computer experts on the ship and they are a huge help. I will always find an internet cafe in the ports and do the majority of my emialing from there. Alot less expensive

Janet:)

The service is intermittent, extremely slow and darned expensive: That's on Horizon and Century.

I think they are "wiring up" the M class ships for wi-fi all over. Don't know if speed is any quicker. Search for other posts on this subject.

I don't know about C class, but we just sailed Constellation and my husband took his laptop and used their WiFi connection. It worked fine, a bit slow, but better than their computers. It wasn't available in the cabin, we had to go down the hall to access it, near the elevators in the center of the ship. Since he was using it for business purposes also, he bought a package of min. that was a bit less expensive than the norm.

Marilyn

I was on the Constellation last year and used the Ethernet hard wire set up from my room. It worked slowly and I found myself going to the Internet cafe sometimes because they have networked printers there. Don't forget that you are working through a satellite network and the bandwidth is not that great. They also have wi-fi but it did not work from my cabin. The bottom line is I was able to conduct the necessary limited business I needed to from the ship. Hope this helps.

smdubowsky

What a joke! I save the certs to use when I have to write to my BIL/SIL.

After 10 cruises on Princess, you get FREE Net access. SO I have written, as should you, to get FREE NET ACCESS for ELITE MEMBERS!

When you see the perks of Elite from Select, there are not many, many parties are coded SELECT/ELITE. RCCL has the Concierge Lounge for FREE drinks for Diamond & Diamond Plus levels, so why not ""X"!!!!!

So join me folks & let us let them have it to give some royalty to their ELITE members.

Hi everyone.

We are cruising in February and my business demands I have access via Internet while I am away. I have used onboard access before on other cruises but see now that I can utilize Century's Connect@Sea and actually use my laptop.

I wondered if any of you have ever used this service where you can access the Internet from your cabin? If yes, how fast is it and did you experience any glitches?

Thanks in advance!

Glen

Hi Glen !

Overall, I would give it good marks for being at Sea. Keep in mind, that it will be about the same speed as Dial-Up, and will be fairly expensive. They also do have Wi-Fi, but in very limited areas of the ship.

I dont know how many minutes you plan to use, but you can probably save some $$$, if you buy one of their packages (if you will be using a large amount of minutes).

The other good thing, as another poster said, is that they do have excellent support staff on the ship, and they are very happy to assist.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Glen

Glen & all concerned try this link for info. www.celebrityatsea.com

Archived