Celebrity Gift Card

akowilm

A family member asked me for my reservation number, ship and sailing date to purchase either a gift card or spa treatment as a birthday gift. Will this show up online or must I wait until the trip? Does anyone know how this works? I am thrilled, and I have the best little sis in the world!!

You should find it in your stateroom on the first day, usually a card telling you the gift and who it was from, I was on the Solstice June 7th and I sent gifts to a family member on the cruise with us and also my husband and this is how it was handled.

We have had good & bad luck with this. I suggest that when they purchase the gift & receive a confirmation - ask them to print it and make you a copy for you. If you have the confirmation with you, and it doesn't show in your cabin, they are much more likely to find it. We always print confirmations to all reservations in specialty restaurants, gifts, excursions... Once on a 7 day cruise they sent an email saying if we bought a specialty restaurant for the 1st night we'd get 20% credited back to our account. When that did not happen, I went to Guest Relations & they told me they never do that on a 7 day cruise. I had the email & they immediately honored it.

My husband laughs at the folder I take with copies of everything. I just pitch the papers after I know it went as it was supposed to go.

We have had good & bad luck with this. I suggest that when they purchase the gift & receive a confirmation - ask them to print it and make you a copy for you. If you have the confirmation with you, and it doesn't show in your cabin, they are much more likely to find it. We always print confirmations to all reservations in specialty restaurants, gifts, excursions... Once on a 7 day cruise they sent an email saying if we bought a specialty restaurant for the 1st night we'd get 20% credited back to our account. When that did not happen, I went to Guest Relations & they told me they never do that on a 7 day cruise. I had the email & they immediately honored it.

My husband laughs at the folder I take with copies of everything. I just pitch the papers after I know it went as it was supposed to go.

The gifts should show up but paperwork is always handy when it doesn't. Sort of ruins the surprise but then you knew there was a gift coming anyway.:D

Archived