Transfer Service from Port of Tampa to Tampa Airport

Coolhand

Usually DW and I Drive to and From Port of Tampa but our next trip we will be flying home after a TA. The Cruise line transfer doesn't start until 1130hrs and our scheduled flight is at 1330hrs. What is the best way to reach the TAMPA A/P with 4 suitcases, a Taxi, independent shuttle service or Limo to ensure we arrive at least 2 hrs ahead of time for our flight home? Trying to arrange so there won't be any hiccups. Thank you in advance for your experienced reccomendations.:):)

A taxi between the two points is a flat rate of $25.00, plus tip. You might try for a larger sedan or even a taxi van. You don't have to reserve or anything; cabs will be lined up ready to go. Remember, cabs go where the money is and there is money to be made when a cruise ship is disembarking. :) I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Enjoy your cruise.

A taxi between the two points is a flat rate of $25.00, plus tip. You might try for a larger sedan or even a taxi van. You don't have to reserve or anything; cabs will be lined up ready to go. Remember, cabs go where the money is and there is money to be made when a cruise ship is disembarking. :) I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Enjoy your cruise.

I agree this what we did on our last cruise out of Tampa and what we plan on doing for our next cruise out of there, if we fly. We are a family of four and we had no problem getting a taxi van to the airport after the cruise!

Enjoy our cruise!:)

• 6 months later...
I contacted them this morning via their email and their 'contact us' page and no response so far.

Here is the local Tampa ph# for the Taxi. Call them and see if they could arrange a taxi with a car seat. It never hurts to try. 813-777-7777

Also, Super Shuttle of Tampa Bay is another good shuttle service. You may try them as well.

http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/TPAAirportShuttleTampaBay.aspx

Good luck to you and wishing your family a great cruise.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Here is the local Tampa ph# for the Taxi. Call them and see if they could arrange a taxi with a car seat. It never hurts to try. 813-777-7777

Also, Super Shuttle of Tampa Bay is another good shuttle service. You may try them as well.

http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/TPAAirportShuttleTampaBay.aspx

Good luck to you and wishing your family a great cruise.

Thanks. I will try.

• 5 months later...
What does a shuttle cost? We are travelling with a baby and do not want to use a taxi without a car seat.

Most of the shuttle vans will also require the use of a car seat -- and IF they can provide one it might not be the correct size for your little one. :eek:

Bring your car seat along (the airlines will check it for free if you do not use it on the flight). I would tip the cab driver a couple of extra bucks for the time/effort spent installing and unistalling the car seat.

• 2 months later...

We purchased an inexpensive booster seat for our grandson and I normally keep it in the trunk of my car. We brought it along on our cruise and found it came in handy for the transfer shuttles, etc. He even sat in it to watch tv. Of course, you can't use it 'til the baby gets to a certain size. We also tied a soft rope around it so we could sling it over a shoulder. Worked out well.

We purchased an inexpensive booster seat for our grandson and I normally keep it in the trunk of my car. We brought it along on our cruise and found it came in handy for the transfer shuttles, etc. He even sat in it to watch tv. Of course, you can't use it 'til the baby gets to a certain size. We also tied a soft rope around it so we could sling it over a shoulder. Worked out well.

Great idea!