Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I'll be on the Carnival Miracle April 9th. Looking forward to my first solo cruise and it's nice and easy local port for me. I've been wanting to travel solo for years, I am SO excited!

I have cruised on the Miracle 2 times and I cruise again on her in Sept. 10 , 2016 , I like that ship :)

miracleclose1.jpg.70ceed88476f6364e802b241a0539257.jpg

If I see you, I'll smile instead of stare at you:). I may also cruise Solo 2 out of 4 cruises starting June to Sep 2016.

My biggest fear is dining solo. Something tells me I'm going to feel awkward being all dressed up sitting there waiting...waiting...and waiting for the next course to be served. I worry that people will be looking, etc. I read where some people bring along their kindle to read during the meal.

Please HELP!! p085.gif

Hi All, I am sure I am in the wrong place again-I am looking for a good cruise for a solo traveler for first time experience. I have travelled extensively in Europe on cruises with my family (My parents are now 83 and 87, so we have always gone as a big family with my brothers and their families as well)-Seabourn twice, Silversea, Oceania, Regent twice,Crystal...I am looking for a cruise from a domestic port just to check out this summer alone. Basically a 7 night would be perfect. I have an abundant amount of free time and figure with my 10 year old at camps all summer and my husband too busy to go (and really not interested), I might as well try to experience this and see if I like solo travel. Would love to meet other interesting people traveling solo too. Any suggestions would be great. Not quite willing to fly to Rome or international yet by myself. I also am not sure about the accommodations. On the cruises I have been on, I always have had a balcony, and I am willing to pay for that, but is it crazy to get a balcony as a solo price wise? I also don't mind kids, but would prefer the company of adult only areas at times. The cruises I have been on have rarely had kids, so domestic summer travel I am sure will be a different experience unless I know what to look for. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Royal Caribbean has solo cabins - both inside with Virtual balconies or solo balcony cabins. I'm going on a cruise in the solo inside to Canada in Sept on Anthem.

NCL has solo cabins as well with no supplement. They also have a studio lounge just for solo travelers and a solo host to organize dinners etc.

Royal Caribbean has solo cabins - both inside with Virtual balconies or solo balcony cabins. I'm going on a cruise in the solo inside to Canada in Sept on Anthem.

NCL has solo cabins as well with no supplement. They also have a studio lounge just for solo travelers and a solo host to organize dinners etc.

I just checked out that cruise on the Anthem. What a fabulous price!!! I am looking for a coastal cruise to California instead. I'm checking on Princess but trying to figure out the best dates and port to leave from.