Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

6 hours ago, hsolis67 said:

I love Mexican Riviera too! Easy cruising living in LA. I’m doing the 3 day Imagination June 27. Solo cabin.  Anyone from this group going? 

I've done both the 3 day and 4 day LA to Ensenada cruises on Carnival.  While I wouldn't call them the Mexican Riviera, I had a blast.  The 3 day cruise in particular is a party cruise - lots of bachelor and bachelorette parties, rowdy poolside, big drinking boat. 

Ensenada, eh.   But I'd do it again anytime.  Crazy people.

Sailing Boston to Bermuda May 22, 2020. 

I was going to do it solo but the cost was so high I decided to bring my 19 year old daughter. But I still consider this a solo cruise. I'm a little nervous but excited. Hoping to me other solo/single cruisers while my daughter is doing her own thing. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first solo's this year, both NCL:  A 5 day in May to Cuba (NCL Sun) and an 11 Day Italy/Greece earlier this month (NCL Jade).  The 5 day was great, a good group of people to hang out with for solo's.  The 11 day, not so great.  At the solo gatherings there were 2 people:  the NCL coordinator and me.  I've always noted that the longer itineraries seem to be filled more with families, but this one was especially so.  I even found a lot of the events on board (not solo events, just events in general, trivia, etc) were very poorly attended.  Even Karaoke usually only had 2 or 3 tables (who didn't stay very long).  

Any other solos on:

Caribbean Princess Florida to Quebec 7/27/19

Royal Princess Cabo San Lucas Getaway 10/14/19

Golden Princess Melbourne to NZ 11/24/19

Grand Princess Pacific  Northwest 3/29/20

Do you identify yourself on roll calls as a solo? Must admit that I usually don't (FWIW: I'm fine traveling solo, beats the alternative [staying home or sharing a room with someone I'm not related to])

Edited by Ombud
Added destinations

I'll be on Brilliance of the Seas Feb 27th 2020.. Very excited, its been too long since my last cruise.. My bf  is going skiing for the week, and since I don't ski, chose to run in the other direction. He can have the slopes and snow, i'll take the sun and fruity drinks by the pool every time :}

Booked Solo cabin on MSC Meraviglia 21 day Miami to Kiel for next April. First transatlantic and first MSC. Funny thing I didnt know that Easy drink pkg was included --- Even if I get lonely probably wont know it or remember HA! HA! LOL!

• Haha 2

I have been a solo cruiser for many years.  Have completed almost 30 cruises but now prefer 10+ day cruises due to retirement. I have started getting into booking B2B trips to extend my time on the ships.  I enjoy meeting people and usually run into someone that lives near my home, which never ceases to amaze me.  Sailing on the Adventure of the Seas next month NJ - Quebec, followed by HAL B2B Honolulu to Fairbanks, then finish 2020 with a RCCL B2B Mediterranean and transatlantic. 

• Like 2

Reality check: Someone talk me out of pulling the trigger on one of the 16 day NCL Joy sailings to/from Miami and LA. The oceanview prices aren't fantastic, but for all packages and said oceanview it comes to around 160ish/day. That ain't bad for a vacation. My season has been nuts (and isn't over by a longshot) so I'll be ready for a nice long cruise come October.