Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

9 minutes ago, cruiseelady said:

but might ask if anyone wants to do a meet and greet just for solos.

I may have mentioned it earlier in the thread but I think this is a GREAT idea.  This was organized for my April 2019 cruise on NCL, planned a time and place to meet for lunch on embarkation day and it was a GREAT ice-breaker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah, I think you're right. You get OBC if you book your next cruise onboard. I'm on the roll call for the Aug 27th cruise but  I don't remember seeing anything about a meet & greet.  @GA Dave, have you seen whether our cruise will have a M&G? I may attempt to do a LIVE review of these cruises. Stay tuned.

I have not seen anything about Meet and Greets.  I will review the dailies people are posting on FB and see if it lists anything.

• Thanks 1

Hi everybody.

This is my 1st post on this site. 

I am sailing on the new P+O Iona at the end of the month, and have just booked 2 back to back cruises on Diamond Princess for February 2023. A 7 night round trip from Singapore, followed by a 12 night cruise from Singapore to Tokyo. Balcony cabin to myself, as a 70th birthday present. 

Maybe other singles will be onboard.

Ian

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wifenocruise said:

Hi everybody.

This is my 1st post on this site. 

I am sailing on the new P+O Iona at the end of the month, and have just booked 2 back to back cruises on Diamond Princess for February 2023. A 7 night round trip from Singapore, followed by a 12 night cruise from Singapore to Tokyo. Balcony cabin to myself, as a 70th birthday present. 

Maybe other singles will be onboard.

Ian

There's a cruise line us Americans don't think about much; P&O. We did Diamond Princess a few years back on a one-way from Vancouver, BC to Whittier, Alaska.

15 minutes ago, choose2cruz said:

Welcome @Evilmuffin  I'm also taking my first solo cruise in December, but on a different line. The10-Day Panama Sunfarer sounds great. Hope you will tell us about your experience when you're back. Is the Caribbean cruise on HA also?

Thank you for the warm welcome.   Both cruises are on the Eurodam.   I have been booked on the 10 day cruise since around February.   I just booked the 7 day today.   They are back to back.   I’m hoping to get the same cabin.   Unfortunately the cabin I am in for the 10 day, is already booked for the 7 day.   I have asked to be put on a waiting list in the event the person cancels.   With the new worry free policy, people are more apt to wait to the last minute to cancel.   

• Like 1

Journeymore, happy birthday! I booked my 70 birthday Celebrity Solstice solo cruise to Alaska in Sept. 2017, It was awesome, literally was treated like royalty. A lot of time was spent on my aft balcony; delicious, hot room service dinners and many breakfasts. Met really terrific, friendly people, and took two tours. The Ketchikan floatplane was breathtakingly beautiful and Juneau whale watching was fun; I was welcomed by both groups. The only downside was missing the Helicopter/Glacier walk in Skagway...a mudslide the night before got us diverted to Icy Straits...pricey food, little to do, so went back to the ship for MDR delicious lunch (and maybe a little too much wine). Enjoy your birthday cruise and let us know some of the highlights.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I booked on Radiance OTS in december, and  it cancelled . 

I will be , as solo , on Grandeur OTS on Dec 26 , from Barbados , 7 nights onboard and 3. nights pre-cruise in Accra Beach Hotel .

My first solo , my first NYC ,   Somebody else ? 

Oh darn. From my original slate of 2021 booked cruises, the sole survivor after the summer cancellations was the December 3 sailing of the refreshed Carnival Radiance. Well, it won't be ready in time and that cruise was just cancelled.

Luckily, Royal Caribbean is following the same sailing schedule out of LA as Radiance so I'm now booked on the December 3 sailing of Navigator of the Seas (3-day) as well as the previously-booked December 6 one (4-day). Since these sailings have no single supplement (!!!), I'm getting 7 nights in a mid-ship balcony for about $800 plus taxes/port fees.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:55 AM, coastcat said:

Oh darn. From my original slate of 2021 booked cruises, the sole survivor after the summer cancellations was the December 3 sailing of the refreshed Carnival Radiance. Well, it won't be ready in time and that cruise was just cancelled.

Luckily, Royal Caribbean is following the same sailing schedule out of LA as Radiance so I'm now booked on the December 3 sailing of Navigator of the Seas (3-day) as well as the previously-booked December 6 one (4-day). Since these sailings have no single supplement (!!!), I'm getting 7 nights in a mid-ship balcony for about $800 plus taxes/port fees.

Such a persistence !! have a beautifull cruise , you earn it .

Yesterday I booked the Viking Ocean Hawaii cruise leaving December 4th.  Hoping it will be a go!  If any other solos book this one and would like to meet up over coffee or a meal in the buffet,  let me know!  🙂

I'm excited--Hawaii is the only US state I haven't been to yet.