Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

19 hours ago, cruiseelady said:

Last year I did a solo cruise on MSC Meriviglia.  .  

I kind of stayed to myself and didn't really hang out with anyone.  Just a short chat here and there.  It was relaxing and nice. 

Sometimes we have to chill and just reflect.  On Fathers day 2022, went on a weekend cruise on Freedom of The Seas.  It was a cruise I had planned in 2020 to reminisce my husbands passing.and didn't want to cancel. .  I didn't speak or hang around anyone, but enjoyed the quiet and relaxation with my memories.  Glad I did it, but this is not my usual "cruise mode"   I usually book excursions to get off the ship and meet and greet people. Always manage to make a friend or two. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello from England.

I am Ian and I am booked onto the Norwegian Sky for back to back cruises out of Miami on December 30th. 4 nights Bahamas followed by 10 nights Caribbean.

I have cruised quite a bit over the years, but a change in my personal circumstances now dictate that I am now a solo traveller. This cruise will be my first as a solo, and I am looking forward to spending New Year on board experiencing what I hope will be a party atmosphere.

• Like 3

I've got 2 solo cruises booked right now. 1st one this coming November over Thanksgiving. 8 days on Carnival Glory. Then another that I just booked on the same ship for December of 2023 for 14 days that hits the Panama Canal. Exciting!

• Like 2

I lost my husband almost 2 years ago and have been spending most of my time closeted away. We so enjoyed cruising together that I thought it would be extremely odd for me to go alone. But I am taking the leap and have scheduled the December 23 cruise on celebrity cruise line out of Tampa over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.  I am hoping to enjoy the time away to chill on the open seas and maybe meet other solo travelers. It might be nice to share a drink or two.  If you’ve got any tips for me please let me know.

• Like 6

I just booked my first solo cruise on a big ship, the Royal Princess for April 23, 2023. I am very excited, but also nervous. This is a Pacific Northwest cruise.

I have only done a small cruise alone, Lindblad last year to Alaska on a ship with maybe 50 other people. I am doing another Lindblad trip this September with 100 passengers, again to Alaska. 

Would love to hear your advice, tips, etc!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tinyrn said:

I just booked my first solo cruise on a big ship, the Royal Princess for April 23, 2023. I am very excited, but also nervous. This is a Pacific Northwest cruise.

I have only done a small cruise alone, Lindblad last year to Alaska on a ship with maybe 50 other people. I am doing another Lindblad trip this September with 100 passengers, again to Alaska. 

Would love to hear your advice, tips, etc!

I wouldn't worry about the cruise ship size. Folks are the same everywhere for the most part.
Just chill and do your own thing, strike up a conversation or two, you'll be making friends in no time.
For example I made friends just chilling by the pool and having a sip at a bar. 
Best thing about solo cruising is that you can do what you like, when you like, and when you feel like it, make some new friends. Enjoy your trip ^^

• Like 3

To anyone trying to decide to cruise solo or not, go for it!  I did my first solo cruise three years after my husband died.  My first cruise ever! I did land/cruise Tour of Alaska.  Love it!  I have since done New England/Canada and another Land/cruise tour of Alaska.  Made good friends and had a blast all three times.  I am currently looking at cruises for next year.   Solo is freedom to do as you wish and want to.  I always ate in MDR sitting with others and met some really nice people.  I saw the shows, and anything that I, key word I, wanted to do.  I say go! If your attitude is you will have fun, you will!

• Like 6

I’m solo on the NCL Prima out of Miami Dec 3 this year. And also booked on her sister, the Viva out of PR over New Year’s next year. I’m excited to be on the brand new ships. One of my favorite cruises ever was solo for New Year. The party atmosphere was over the top, and I met amazing people. The Prima will be my first cruise since Covid. It’s been too long !!

2 hours ago, sail_ORN said:

I’m solo on the NCL Prima out of Miami Dec 3 this year. And also booked on her sister, the Viva out of PR over New Year’s next year. I’m excited to be on the brand new ships. One of my favorite cruises ever was solo for New Year. The party atmosphere was over the top, and I met amazing people. The Prima will be my first cruise since Covid. It’s been too long !!

I would love to do a cruise on a new ship at least one of the first sailings.

Carnival Sunshine November 27-December 1 2022

I'll be traveling solo on the Sunshine out of Charleston and although it's not "singles cruise" per say I'm sure that there will be other's like myself interested in in meeting someone for a dinner companion and whatever else is decided on doing together.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, calumtdon said:

I lost my husband almost 2 years ago and have been spending most of my time closeted away. We so enjoyed cruising together that I thought it would be extremely odd for me to go alone. But I am taking the leap and have scheduled the December 23 cruise on celebrity cruise line out of Tampa over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.  I am hoping to enjoy the time away to chill on the open seas and maybe meet other solo travelers. It might be nice to share a drink or two.  If you’ve got any tips for me please let me know.

Most holiday cruises are family cruises, kids are off from school, later part of June, July and August is also family cruises..🚢🚢

I also find myself a solo traveler and will be on the Christmas/New Year’s cruise on the celebrity constellation leaving Tampa on December 23 this year. This will be my first solo cruise. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some new friends and enjoying the holidays.  

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 10:26 PM, calumtdon said:

I also find myself a solo traveler and will be on the Christmas/New Year’s cruise on the celebrity constellation leaving Tampa on December 23 this year. This will be my first solo cruise. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some new friends and enjoying the holidays.  

Hope you enjoy yourself! ❤️

On 8/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, SunshineOnTheBrain said:

Hi all.  New York State here and leaving on my fourth solo cruise Thursday.  Always looking for cruises with other solos.   I will gladly answer any questions.

Hey, I am in NY too.  I love cruising from NYC but this year did not find any good deals so I booked a cruise leaving Port Canaveral for September 4th.  But next year I am cruising from NY, already booked one for November for an 8 day cruise. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, calumtdon said:

I too did the same thing after my husband passed,  I closeted myself away and avoided social interaction.  My kids and friends starting  haunting me to start getting back into life but easier said then done.  The shortly thereafter I received an email from a cruiseline offering great deals and I decided that was a good way to not only shut my kids up but also to take that first step. My husband and I had been on 50 plus cruises so it was familiar territory.   I booked a cruise for last June out of NY.  I can't say it was completely solo as I knew someone who was also on the cruise but we didn't spend all our time together just some meals and conversations so I considered it semi-solo.  I booked another cruise for this September which I will be really solo so I am calling it  my first solo cruise.

I am very glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone and booked that cruise in June!

• Like 4