Allure Cabin 7668

I booked this cabin one my last cruise in may and just now really started researching where it is. It is directly in front of the doorway that comes from the stair/elevator lobby.

I am concerned it will be noisy,has anyone had any experience in this cabin and can let me know if I should change it or not?

I booked this cabin one my last cruise in may and just now really started researching where it is. It is directly in front of the doorway that comes from the stair/elevator lobby.

I am concerned it will be noisy,has anyone had any experience in this cabin and can let me know if I should change it or not?

I'm going to be in #6662 on Oasis and have been worrying about the same thing :confused:

In May I was in cabin 9668 and yes, it is right at the entrance to the cabin hallways facing the open area. We had NO problems with excessive noise or disturbances. The only downside was when one of us opened the door to leave or enter the cabin anyone in the open area could see into the cabin. This didn't bother us at all. BTW, on bed was located by the balcony.

We also stayed in 9662 and it was several cabins down from the open area. The bed in this cabin was located by the closet doors

Either cabin is fine. fYI - we have booked 11668 for our upcoming cruise so obviously this isn't an issue for us. We were after location each time and this suited our needs to be close to the elevators.

We have had 2 cabins on the Allure on deck 6 immediately across from the stairway/elevator lobby and it is actually our preferred location and will be again in December. We had no noise and the convenience is well worth it. Enjoy!

• 6 months later...

I wouldn't be too concerned about noise. The elevators banks are not that close despite what the floor plan indicates. YOu'll have foot traffic but unless anyone is being obnoxious you shouldn't notice them.

I'd personally try to move up 1 deck to the same location as that's a prime spot to hop into Central Park (although you are super close anyway just going up 1 flight of steps). But, really, you'll be ok where you are I think.

Having a cabin very near the doorway to the elevator lobby should be no more of a problem than any other cabin on the same deck. We often have a cabin situated just so, and have never had any cause for complaint. You're far more likely to be disturbed by your neighbors if there is a connecting door between your cabin and the next. We love having a cabin as high as possible so we often get one on the deck below the pool, being careful where it is located as the sound of deck chairs being relocated comes through VERY loudly. Much more annoying than people laughing in the elevator lobby!