Details on the NEW 2016 ship!

Sorry I missed your question. There are new itineraries with different ships already posted. The Legend will also be offering a unique itinerary. There will be details on a new port released in a few weeks/months.

There was several news articles about carnival developing new cruise ports in Mexico and other places. Kind of like grand Turk. Also the 2016 ship will be larger then the breeze according to the official statement from Carnival.

I do believe that the other poster and myself was talking about the OP's other threads that stated that they had inside information as to why Carnival was so late releasing the last 5 cruise ships shcedules. OP stated that they were not being released because of inside information that there would be new itineraries and new ports.

None of these ships had new itineraries or new ports and that was not the reason why Carnival was not releasing the schedules.

I still prefer to wait for Carnival's official announcement rather than guess.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

As far as the new ship design goes, hopefully it is not a larger ship. I was on the Breeze for 14 days and yes there were lines and yes it did feel crowded at times compared to the smaller ships.

It's not the size of the ship, but how many passengers are stuffed in it (space to passenger ratio). Also, the design plays a big role.

That's the reason why ships like Royal's Oasis twins feel so spacious and there are no lines even though they carry over 6,000 passengers.

If Carnival is eliminating the atrium in favor of more cabins, and they will maintain the general layout as the Dream, Conquest, and Destiny class, the new ship will definitely not feel spacious.

It's not the size of the ship, but how many passengers are stuffed in it (space to passenger ratio). Also, the design plays a big role.

That's the reason why ships like Royal's Oasis twins feel so spacious and there are no lines even though they carry over 6,000 passengers.

If Carnival is eliminating the atrium in favor of more cabins, and they will maintain the general layout as the Dream, Conquest, and Destiny class, the new ship will definitely not feel spacious.

They are eliminating the open space above 3 floors up. Pretty sure people can't use this space on existing ships unless they have wings....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Rocky Point is at the northern end of the Sea of Cortez. Sixty/seventy miles south of Arizona/Mexico boarder.

I found it online as well. Thanks for posting.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If the op source is correct he states the atrium will only be 3 decks high. The current dream class atrium I only 3 decks high. Minus the elevator shaft that has the sky light for the glass elevators.

I like what I see so far design wise. Except for the funnel being placed mid ship. It just doesnt look right in the middle. I will pass final judgement when more information is released. I like the name Carnival Sunrise, very nice.

576690_552256634807324_774268557_n.jpg

I like what I see so far design wise. Except for the funnel being placed mid ship. It just doesnt look right in the middle. I will pass final judgement when more information is released. I like the name Carnival Sunrise, very nice.

Looks nice. Where did you find this? Was there anymore info? Thanks for sharing

Looks nice. Where did you find this? Was there anymore info? Thanks for sharing

I found it on facebook. This one was found on cruise industry news:

1011798_532634846802225_580737621_n.jpg

I wonder what the forward area will be? Perhaps a viewing lounge or some sort of other forward facing venue? A restaurant perhaps?

I found it on facebook. This one was found on cruise industry news:

1011798_532634846802225_580737621_n.jpg

I wonder what the forward area will be? Perhaps a viewing lounge or some sort of other forward facing venue? A restaurant perhaps?

Maybe loft suites? I hope they will keep cove balconies too.

Edited by kybluecruiser

Looks like more than 5 decks to me.

These are of a new concept (Mille) that Fincantieri has come out with. Not sure the new ships will be this or not. This design and concept put many heavy things much lower on the ship. Things like Lido, and pools (not sure how they do that), with the result being significantly less weight high up (top heavy). Don't see the infamous 5th floor all around the ship walkway either (as the Dream, Magic, and Breeze have). This concept is supposed to be much greener to operate as well.

These are of a new concept (Mille) that Fincantieri has come out with. Not sure the new ships will be this or not. This design and concept put many heavy things much lower on the ship. Things like Lido, and pools (not sure how they do that), with the result being significantly less weight high up (top heavy). Don't see the infamous 5th floor all around the ship walkway either (as the Dream, Magic, and Breeze have). This concept is supposed to be much greener to operate as well.

It looks like it does lani deck ( deck 5) what makes me think this may be the 2016 design. Is it does have a carnival feel. It even has a water works aft on the top deck and a big screen.

Deck 5 aft on the model supports the deck 5 half outside, half under cover pool. There is clearly an overhang on deck 5 aft on that model.

Regardless of the accuracy of the model, I think there is a very strong likelihood that the new class of ship will have a lanai like the Dream class. Both the Red Frog Pub and the Ocean Plaza almost require a lanai to reach their full effect (though anyone who has been on both the Sunshine and a Dream class ship can correct me on that). Based on concepts from Breakaway, we can probably expect specialty restaurants on deck 5 to have some outdoor seating.

As far as the exposed upper decks, it does look like there are two wells in the structure for upper deck pools. I do hope the layout is just a concept and that they can move things around-- an aft pool like the Dream class or the Splendor would be a much nicer use of space compared to putting the waterworks aft; bonus points awarded if you just moved the entire serenity deck aft and made the aft lido pool adults only. Also, they have to fit a ropes course somewhere on those upper decks.

Deck 5 aft on the model supports the deck 5 half outside, half under cover pool. There is clearly an overhang on deck 5 aft on that model.

Regardless of the accuracy of the model, I think there is a very strong likelihood that the new class of ship will have a lanai like the Dream class. Both the Red Frog Pub and the Ocean Plaza almost require a lanai to reach their full effect (though anyone who has been on both the Sunshine and a Dream class ship can correct me on that). Based on concepts from Breakaway, we can probably expect specialty restaurants on deck 5 to have some outdoor seating.

As far as the exposed upper decks, it does look like there are two wells in the structure for upper deck pools. I do hope the layout is just a concept and that they can move things around-- an aft pool like the Dream class or the Splendor would be a much nicer use of space compared to putting the waterworks aft; bonus points awarded if you just moved the entire serenity deck aft and made the aft lido pool adults only. Also, they have to fit a ropes course somewhere on those upper decks.

The Ocean Plaza and Red Frog Pub on the Sunshine doesn't have any outdoor seating. But I agree they are both better with the outdoor seating.

It looks like it does lani deck ( deck 5) what makes me think this may be the 2016 design. Is it does have a carnival feel. It even has a water works aft on the top deck and a big screen.

Hopefully this new design is the 2016 ship. Carnival definitely needs a new design and not one that is just based off the Destiny.

The Ocean Plaza and Red Frog Pub on the Sunshine doesn't have any outdoor seating. But I agree they are both better with the outdoor seating.

I say all the speciality restaurants will have outdoor seating like on ncl breakaway. I saw an interview with kevin Sheehan where he was talking how Micky arison called him and said that was a great idea.

I say all the speciality restaurants will have outdoor seating like on ncl breakaway. I saw an interview with kevin Sheehan where he was talking how Micky arison called him and said that was a great idea.

I didn't see that interview. Would you mind posting a link?

Regarding the possible placement of serenity, I think that it will most likely be placed in the front of the ship where the structure with the black pole looking thing is. Considering the water park will be placed aft it seems the most ideal location. Also keep in mind too that most new cruise ships have their serenity areas in the forward sections of the upper decks.