Arriving at Palma

popeyejohn

When you arrive at Palma airport and you have collected your luggage is there somebody who collects you to take you to the coach?

My son has walking difficulties and wondered when we arrive will he have to walk up the steep ramp to boad the ship or is there another entry for those people with mobility problems?

Hi, we went last week and there's lots of staff who were there to assist. They had if I recall, hi his waistcoats with a blue emblem on the back. If you need help, just ask the rep.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi, we went last week and there's lots of staff who were there to assist. They had if I recall, hi his waistcoats with a blue emblem on the back. If you need help, just ask the rep.

Many thanks for the reply M&J!!

Did you go on any of the shore excusions?

Just wondering if we should book some or make our own way.

We just went for relaxation after stressful house move. Speaking to lots of others on board, many did there own tours a lot cheaper.

Hopefully someone will pick up on your question and assist you better.

There was a lady in a wheelchair boarding the same time as us.....as your getting on deck 5 there is a bit of an incline but the husband seemed to manage to get his wife on ok with a little bit of help from the staff to get over the bumpy bits

Re shore excursions I know a lot of people make their own way but we like the security of going with the Thomson trips as then you know the ship won't leave without you.....not sure if any of your ports are tender to shore....that can be a bit difficult for some as there are steps down to the tender and you also have to negotiate the gap between the platform and the step onto the tender

My husband has walking difficulties also, and knowing Palma airport, which IMO, is one of the worlds longest walks (apart from Bangkok!) we asked for assistance at our departure airport (Lanzarote) so very glad we did. We were met at PMI and taken by adapted mini bus most of the way but it was still a long walk to the furthest end of the carousels to collect luggage and then back to the Taxi / bus zone, which are apparently at opposite ends of the airport.:rolleyes:

When we arrived at the port a crew member/baggage handler helped my husband out of the taxi and produced a wheelchair. After check in , he took my husband up in the lift to the Police security check, where he left us to go through. Just outside another crew member took over the wheelchair and got us up the slight incline (deck 5) onto the ship.

When we did our cruise (Escape to the Med) in May the Gangway was virtually level, departing from deck 3 (or was it 2 ?:confused:, its always detailed on the Port information newsletter!) And as a Plus most of the port authorities provide a free shuttle to take you within a short walk of the town centres. Hope this helps.

mari

Archived