Anyone cruising with Celebrity or Royal?

11dfr11

My partner and I are going their Bermuda sailing this May. How big (or small) is the group that usually attends? Are there any activities or private events during the cruise?? I didn't see anything about a roll call for it on cruise critic yet, but its early still.

My partner and I are going their Bermuda sailing this May. How big (or small) is the group that usually attends? Are there any activities or private events during the cruise?? I didn't see anything about a roll call for it on cruise critic yet, but its early still.

Group size varies. My TA had 30 the thanksgiving had 800. I'd venture to say your group settles in around 50-100 or so for that sailing.

They host an opening night mixer before dinner, host a mid cruise cocktail function, an final night mixer and usually schedule a beach day during the cruise.

They schedule everyone for late dinner unless specific people request otherwise and its fun meeting everyone at dinner time.

They don't go crazy party like Atlantis, they basically are just friendly hosts who help you meet new friends and then its up to you to enjoy!

I've met a lot of good friend son the PP cruises, actually meeting 2 next week in Telluride to ski...!

Oh, and here's your roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1937762

Edited by cle-guy

My partner and I are on the Celebrity Century sailing in September 2014 as well. We usually travel Azamara but when I found this voyage to a favorite spot, Sydney, I could not refuse.

Edited by Lucky Ones
mistakes

• 2 weeks later...

My friend and I are on the radiance of the seas 10 April 2014 Sydney to Honolulu via NZ and Tahiti. Looking forward to seeing Bora bora. And my first time in Hawaii :) it's my first Royal cruise.

Sent from JD's iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe and I are looking forward to our trip to Alaska in May. We're just curious to see if there will be any other G&L members on board with us. We're getting married in Seattle before the cruise, so this will be our honeymoon. We're excited and hope to make some new friends as we travel. Chris and Joe from Orlando.

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that all you gals and guys cruise Carnival and Princess for the most part.

We are going on December 12,2013 for a relaxing 4 night on Royal/Brilliance of the Seas. Come join or join us April 20,2014 for a TA from Fort Lauderdale to Civitevechia Rome with 6 pots for a total of 16 days.

Dale🌈🌹🌞

We sail Celebrity and Royal alot and have met many gay people - however it seems that the guys come to the LGBT gatherings more than the women.

We leave in 3 weeks on Celebrity Eclipse TA Fort Lauderdale to Southampton,

Feb. 14, 2015 Vision of Seas out of Tampa 7 day Caribbean

May 2015 Rhapsody of Seas Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul

Was on Oasis of Seas in March but only 4 guys came to the LGBT gathering

We are a lesbian couple living in Gulfport, Florida and formerly from Long Island, NYC

Chris and Joe from Orlando,

My husband and I will be on the Celebrity Solstice out of Vancouver on May 8th also. We will have to buy you a celebratory beverage! If you have time spend a few days in Vancouver. I'll admit I am likely biased because I live here but it is truly A beautiful City with spectacular surroundings.

Aaron & Edmond

Partner and I are booked for Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas out of NJ for 9 nights in June 2014. We are so excited and are very social with anybody, but didn't run into any FODs on our last cruise (but still had an amazing time). LOL

We are on that same ship but in August here! I hope we meet some nice people, sometimes we've had bad experiences but usually most have been positive. Have Fun!

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are booked on Celebrity Century May 10 for a Pacific Coastal. We are also booked on Celebrity Millennium Nov 23 for a cruise through Malaysia and Indonesia. We love X!

Avalon Scenery Burgundy and Provence-June 2010

Celebrity Infinity Alaska-May 2012

Celebrity Century Pacific Wine-Sept 2012

Celebrity Millennium N Alaska-July 2013

Celebrity Century Pacific Coastal-May 2014

Celebrity Millennium Malaysia and Indonesia-Nov 2014

Always look forward to cruising. Going SOLO. I hope there's a GLBT group on board. If not hey...... I'll have fun no matter what. I'll DINE, I'll DRINK, I'll DANCE and I'll be MERRY oops "MARY" hmmmmmmmm discreetly of course.

Always look forward to cruising. Going SOLO. I hope there's a GLBT group on board. If not hey...... I'll have fun no matter what. I'll DINE, I'll DRINK, I'll DANCE and I'll be MERRY oops "MARY" hmmmmmmmm discreetly of course.

HAHAHA! - my sentiments EXACTLY! ;) I'll be on Liberty of the Seas for its transatlantic Barcelona to FLL in October, my second solo TA. Last year on Navigator there were a lot of solos and a farily large gay group assembled by a guy from FLL. Lots of fun, met lots of friendly folks (some of them VERY friendly), really enjoyed the gym & associated facilities. Love those sea days, too. I enjoy cruising with friends or family, but going solo has a lot of pluses, too.

I was solo last summer on Freedom of the Seas out of Florida for the Western Caribbean. Had a great time meeting new people and just enjoying vacation my way. I always request a large table for dinner and made good friends.

Hello,

My partner and I just got off the Norwegian Getaway yesterday. We have Independence of the Seas booked for April 12 out of Ft. Lauderdale and a Australia to New Zealand cruise booked on Celebrity Solstice for Nov. 27th.

I just did Aus and New Zealand this past January on the Solstice. Fabulous cruise. Enjoy =)

Great to hear! We are really looking forward to it. We just upgraded to Aqua Class a couple of days ago and we got a great deal when we booked, $1000 OBC.

Any tips for this cruise?

I had aqua class as well. You'll get to have breakfast and dinner at Blu, which is wonderful. I personally didn't care for the entertainment on board but I loved the hot glass show. Also if you plan on eating at all the specialty restaurants, I suggest you get a package. Can end up saving you some $$$$. And bring some sea sickness pills if you're crossing the Tasman. It can be real nasty.

Yeah, we love Aqua Class! We only had it one other time but now we are hooked. Thanks for the tips! Any 'don't miss' things you would recommend at any of the ports of call? We are going to spend 3 nights in Sydney before the cruise and 2 nights in Auckland after.

Yeah, we love Aqua Class! We only had it one other time but now we are hooked. Thanks for the tips! Any 'don't miss' things you would recommend at any of the ports of call? We are going to spend 3 nights in Sydney before the cruise and 2 nights in Auckland after.

In Sydney Bondi, the rocks, and circular quay were my favorite.

In Auckland do the Hop on Hop off tour. Great way to get a feel for the city.

Gentlemen...Looking forward to meeting you...can't wait to get up there again. We're getting married in Seattle and then taking the train up to Vancouver. I stayed previously at the Blue Horizon on Robson and enjoyed the hotel, so we're repeating that. We'll be in Vancouver for two nights prior to the cruise, but on the 7th we're taking a tour to Victoria. Is there a restaurant you'd recommend for dinner on the 6th? We'd certainly be game for a drink on the ship, but I've booked us the premium bev package....I think we'll get our money's worth out of'em.