Booking NCL?

Bases5

We have cruised NCL but it was way back in the early 80's and I know things have changed.

Well, we decided to give Gem a try next fall doing a New England cruise. We have sailed Carnival and RCI the most. I normally book directly with the cruise line. I was wondering if booking directly with NCL is a good idea or do you recommend finding a TA.

There is a site I use to see multiple agency prices at one time. It's weird that the site doesn't even offer NCL.

So book directly or find an agency?

NCL ended it's relationship with the agency that offers quotes from many TAs, if that's the one you are talking about. Apparently some sort of problem, but there are many web based or bricks and mortar TAs you can book with.

Sometimes we book with NCL directly, then transfer the booking ( you have 60 days ) to a TA when we find an offer that would give us additional on board credit, etc.

Being you booked direct in the past with other cruise lines, I'd do the same again. Wait for a special and perhaps get some OBC and/or reduced deposit.

If you book thru NCL and they offer OBC at a later time (before final payment) would we qualify.

Also if the price drops before finale will NCL honor the new rate.

We have cruised NCL but it was way back in the early 80's and I know things have changed.

Well, we decided to give Gem a try next fall doing a New England cruise. We have sailed Carnival and RCI the most. I normally book directly with the cruise line. I was wondering if booking directly with NCL is a good idea or do you recommend finding a TA.

There is a site I use to see multiple agency prices at one time. It's weird that the site doesn't even offer NCL.

So book directly or find an agency?

Booking with NCL is easy

Their prices are usually the lowest. But if you book with another website there may be an extra promotion like OBC. We got 50 dollars form Expedia.

I have never understood the need for a TA these days. With the internet I just check prices (hotels, airlines etc) and book what suits me best. I booked my Alaska (sept) and Baltic (may 2014) on NCL's site direct and got an OBC for both.

To be fair, I am a member of numerous freq flier and hotel programs and try to concentrate my stays and flights so i can get "free" rooms and flights. (cashed in Hilton points for 2 nights at the Hilton in Copenhagen before my cruise and saved about $700 I think it was). Plus I like being in control and paying somebody else to do what I can do makes no sense to me.

Archived