Does it pay...

nurse@sea

My DH and I just book a concierge class cabin on the Summit. Would it pay to upgrade to an Aqua class? We actually took the CC cabin because it bumped us up to Elite status for next's years cruise. We're not real interested in Blu and I wondered what else would be an incentive to upgrade. Thanks, Vickie

My DH and I just book a concierge class cabin on the Summit. Would it pay to upgrade to an Aqua class? We actually took the CC cabin because it bumped us up to Elite status for next's years cruise. We're not real interested in Blu and I wondered what else would be an incentive to upgrade. Thanks, Vickie

You would also gain access to the Persian Gardens while in aqua class. If the spa is also not a big interest to you also then IMHO I would not upgrade.

DH and I did the same thing you are doing, but we did it on the Connie in March and we had a wonderful aft cabin and our attendant and helper took very good care of us.

Enjoy your trip.

If you are not interested in Blu, probably not. Blu is the main perk of Aqua, it is like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night.

If you have drink package then the free bottled water also will not have any value over CC. The shower is different and nice, but I would not pay much more if you are not interest in Blu. Blu would be the main reason for us if it was close in price. From my perspective the location under the pool in a slight disadvantage.

Agree with the others; Blu is by far the most significant perk of AQ - Blu is like dining in an actual restaurant whereas the main dining room is akin to a banquet hall. If you would not utilize Blu the other perks do not amount to a lot. I find the Persian Gardens on M-Class ships to not be as nice as on S-Class ships and aside from that the upgraded shower (massaging jet panels) and complimentary bottled water and tea delivered to the stateroom do not have a lot of monetary value to me. Perhaps if it is $50 per/person to upgrade, but not more than that.

We were on Solstice in May and tried Aqua for 1st time. When we went in building to check in was put on short line with the suites!!

This was a big plus! Blu on the ship was great. On Summit Blu is in a separate area that at one time was part of main dining room.

The area where our stateroom was located extremely quiet. Yes, you have free bottle water. We are hooked on Aqua and booked it for Equinox.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on Solstice in May and tried Aqua for 1st time. When we went in building to check in was put on short line with the suites!!

This was a big plus! Blu on the ship was great. On Summit Blu is in a separate area that at one time was part of main dining room.

The area where our stateroom was located extremely quiet. Yes, you have free bottle water. We are hooked on Aqua and booked it for Equinox.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The separate line is hit and miss, sometimes the other lines are shorter, you were lucky.

If you are looking at the August 4th cruise on the Summit, aqua class A1 is priced lower than concierge class C1 and aqua class A2 is priced lower than concierge class C2.

Archived