Price drops -how do they work?

Whitechapel girl

Many good TA's have price drop controls on their computers. Also, there is a site, for a very small fee, that lets you actually see when prices drop and send you an email. I have a good TA and this site: (cr ui se fi sh)

You can also see available cabins with another site...located in Europe: s e a s c a n n e r

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, how about this:...

Booked and paid for cruise in full through TA

Got 123 promotions (beverage from cruiseline, grats and OBC from TA)

Price goes down

Any chance of upgrading or anything to take advantage of the drop?

I have heard on these boards that some have, some say no. Any definitive answer?

Thanks!

We just did this "upgrade". We noticed that our Oceanview room on the Sept. 15 Med. cruise was the same price as the Veranda. Turns out the CC was only 30 dollars more pp. than our total booking of an Oceanview.

It was easy to change, just told our TA and within a day our new luggage tags are being sent.

Ok, how about this:...

Booked and paid for cruise in full through TA

Got 123 promotions (beverage from cruiseline, grats and OBC from TA)

Price goes down

Any chance of upgrading or anything to take advantage of the drop?

I have heard on these boards that some have, some say no. Any definitive answer?

Thanks!

Yes, I have made several changes since I booked with the 123 promo. You just need to make sure that it is the Five Star ( or regular current price with no discounts applied). I received a Price reduction, an upgrade, and then a downgrade all with the objective of reducing the price while keeping the 123 promo. This was all before the final payment.

I have no experience after final payment. Did you pay in full before it was due? If yes then perhaps you can. IMO it is worth checking and asking.

Archived