A short Barcelona Review

yokeagan

We are also just back from a cruise that embarked in Barcelona and we stayed two nights pre cruise. We stayed at Hotel LLeo which is two blocks off Las ramblas and right by Plaza Catalunya. Would highly recommend location and hotel. We used taxis to get around. No problems! Lovely city!

Park Guell is really neat, but very crowded! We didn't stay very long because we had so many other things to do that day. It's definitely all in the details. When we go back, I plan on spending a little more time there to sit back and enjoy it a little more. As far as photography goes, it is a little hard to photograph because there were quite a few people there. The paths leading up the hillside didn't seem as crowded.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth on the park. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Heading back to Barcelona in November and can't wait - doing the full day Montserrat/Cava tour with Barcelona Day tours - wonder if you remember the name of your guide and would you recommend him or her?

Also using suntransfers.com for airport pickup - used them last year as did some other fellow cruisers with good results - 39 EU and they pick you up in the arrivals area and help you with your luggage - well worth it! :)

We were in Barcelona in July. Loved it. We went to park Guell at 8 am and it was empty. We had the whole place to ourselves. We spent about 1.5 hrs there. We flew in from California, so we went our first full day. We were still on California time so it was easy to get there so early.

We were in Barcelona in July. Loved it. We went to park Guell at 8 am and it was empty. We had the whole place to ourselves. We spent about 1.5 hrs there. We flew in from California, so we went our first full day. We were still on California time so it was easy to get there so early.

Is the park always open?

We are getting ready to head to barcelona in a little more than one month. Just found out today that as per the end of october there will be an entrance fee to get into park guell and a limit of how many people are admitted per day. One can purchase tickets on line up to three months ahead. Tickets are 7 euros. So, a little more expense on sightseeing, but a limited number of tourists at one time.

Can you remember the name of the tapas bar? Out B & B overlooks this marina. :)

Marina View, a fine choice - we had the Captains Room. What's really nice is it's a 2 block walk to either the Drasannes Metro Stop, or the port blue bus. I would avoid Tapas right on La Rambla, the places in the gothic quarter are much much better.

We will be in Barcelona on Nov for the day. I hear that there is a cable car that will take you up to Montsarret. Does anyone know about this?

Hey Rich!!! Hi :D:D

Are you still doing the montserrat/cava tour on the 31st? If so let me know - as the company is asking for a 'deposit' from my group.....see post# 5066 on the roll call re payment and let me know! Thanks...

(and sorry for the hijack!) :rolleyes:

Marina View, a fine choice - we had the Captains Room. What's really nice is it's a 2 block walk to either the Drasannes Metro Stop, or the port blue bus. I would avoid Tapas right on La Rambla, the places in the gothic quarter are much much better.

Yes-- we are looking forward to it. We are in the Captain's room, too. Did you do the HOHO bus while you were there or did you use the metro mostly?

Hey Rich!!! Hi :D:D

Are you still doing the montserrat/cava tour on the 31st? If so let me know - as the company is asking for a 'deposit' from my group.....see post# 5066 on the roll call re payment and let me know! Thanks...

(and sorry for the hijack!) :rolleyes:

Sorry, but we will be on the B2B and will be on the ship on the 31th. I still do want to go to Montserrat though.

Sorry, but we will be on the B2B and will be on the ship on the 31th. I still do want to go to Montserrat though.

Okay - thanks for letting me know as I thought you had requested 2 seats! See you onboard :)

Does anyone have an idea of what the charge is for a taxi from the Barcelona airport to the city? Specifically, we are going to the Renaissance Barcelona on Pau Claris.

Thanks.

Kathy

Probably around 25-30 Eu? Or you can hire car service for about 39 EU and they will meet you at the gate and help you with your luggage.....(e.g. suntransfers.com)...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Sorry I've been a little MIA on the boards recently-- life's been a little busy. I do not remember the name of our guide from Barcelona Day Tours, sorry. Barcelona is a wonderful city! We found it very easy to navigate on foot.

Archived